Wiseco updated piston kits ?

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Has anyone ever used wiseco pistons in the last 5 years? Have they come around and made the skirts taller to prevent the caving in problem? Do they still use the 3 ring system? Do they make a 98mm kit. I need 98m piston kits like yesterday and the way we are ordering them now from CP is truly a nightmare with getting the correct piston and in a timely manner.

Bvcracingcdale

#2 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

John msg me the details on them ill see if its something we can special order

Ive dealt direct with them a few times and they were always easy to deal with
( i mainly go through distributor)

Had them warranty a crank that grenaded b4 in a crf250. Went good for it all!

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

BVC I refuse to use Wisecos cranks after I lost one after 30 minutes in a raptor motor and ripped the bottom half of the cases to pieces, they did make it right with me. However I only use there pistons in 2 smoker motors...4 pokes CP.

Bvcracingcdale

#4 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

Yah not impressed with the cranks thats for sure!

trav

#5 Post by trav »

i've tried there "new" updated piston kit. it was supposed to be like the original 3 ringer they made for cannondale but with some of the new tech. they used on the honda 450 pistons. and to be a 12:1 or 12.5:1 high comp.
when i got it, it was a 2 ring kit with fancy coated skirts. i removed my old 3 ring wiseco / installed the new 2 ring piston. went riding and noticed right away a loss of power/compression. i'm not happy with it. there made for standard bore "440". far as i know thats all available.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

They work great in YFZ's look almost identical to a CP now.

trav

#7 Post by trav »

you use cannondale pistons in yfz's?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

No the Wiseco's. They have a chrome pin also which does not gall.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I got an email from wiseco. The never did update there design for Cannondales or ATK's. I see on ATk's web site they had a piston kit for a stroker falicon(yikes) I couldnt imagine how short a life you would get with the short skirts and all the extra side load from a stoker crank with a short rod. They only made 95 and 97mm pistons in the 9890M series piston but would have no problem doing a 98mm.
The prices were actually pretty good if purchased by the dozen.

trav

#10 Post by trav »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 17 2013, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got an email from wiseco. The never did update there design for Cannondales or ATK's. I see on ATk's web site they had a piston kit for a stroker falicon(yikes) I couldnt imagine how short a life you would get with the short skirts and all the extra side load from a stoker crank with a short rod. They only made 95 and 97mm pistons in the 9890M series piston but would have no problem doing a 98mm.
The prices were actually pretty good if purchased by the dozen.

atk is where i bought my kit from, its wiseco's newer design, nothing like the original cannondales kit except for haveing snap rings instead of circlips.