Lost Another One

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I just had to vent at the loss of another fellow Cannondale rider. I was building a motor for a terminal cancer patient to get his final ride(s)in only to find out he has passed after sending me the motor. His name was Gene and he was from Minnesota. I am so bummed that he passed before we could get his last ride in. I am a cancer survivor myself and was making this a personal issue. I was going to invite him to our group ride in September. huh.gif

Please take a moment to give those closest to you a big hug and DON'T forget to tell them you love them.

GOD SPEED Gene!

Bvcracingcdale

#2 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

Sorry to hear that man!!!

promod

#3 Post by promod »

So sorry Ken!, My prayers, faith & love go to Gene's family for there loss, and to you for getting through what you did, and those three words I live in my heart also go to every one I know everyday including this group who I also think of as family, and if I ever meet any of you either here in this short fast moving life we live or after there will be a hug for you..as that's just me!, quote from the movie Tommy Boy "brothers don't shake hands...brothers hug"!!!!!!!!!!!!

omegas

#4 Post by omegas »

That sux, you sounded really into getting that motor done and quick too...

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Guys when you are getting old like me, you cherish scenarios like this one. I have turned into an old softie I guess. I know I would want one last ride before I go, if I knew I had a terminal disease. Anybody remember the movie "the Bucket List"? If not rent it and enjoy it with your best friend (hopefully that is your wife or significant other).

exotic rider

#6 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jun 6 2013, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys when you are getting old like me, you cherish scenarios like this one. I have turned into an old softie I guess. I know I would want one last ride before I go, if I knew I had a terminal disease. Anybody remember the movie "the Bucket List"? If not rent it and enjoy it with your best friend (hopefully that is your wife or significant other).

sorry to hear that,but your heart for sure was in the right place and thats huge!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

It sounds as if Gene still had hope since he was at least thinking about one last ride. Really I think that the hope is what mattered the most not if he would actually ride. Hope for better keeps us all going and that hope rarely lives up to the reality. Ken you gave the guy something other than his cancer to hope for that is awesome!