Flash Flooding in S.W. US

1ORMOTO

#1 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Just a shout out to Dave Muller and the rest of the Cannondale community. I hope you all survived the flash floods in Arizona and Utah.
Robert

werty

#2 Post by werty »

QUOTE (1ORMOTO @ Jul 24 2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a shout out to Dave Muller and the rest of the Cannondale community. I hope you all survived the flash floods in Arizona and Utah.
Robert

reno nv yesterday. We had a mud slide that closed i80 for a few hours last night. All I want to do is go ride. I almost called into work to day with anal glacoma. (Don't see my a $$ working today).

r.porter

#3 Post by r.porter »

QUOTE (werty @ Jul 26 2013, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
reno nv yesterday. We had a mud slide that closed i80 for a few hours last night. All I want to do is go ride. I almost called into work to day with anal glacoma. (Don't see my a $$ working today).

Tell them you are having vision problems!

You just can't see coming into work.

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

So far they have been really hit and miss where maybe a couple square miles gets hit hard and the rest of town is dry or barely gets a sprinkle. Surprising how much damage the micro bursts do with taking down trees and power lines in just a small area where there is just a light breeze everywhere else.
Got it hard in my neighborhood last saturday and will have to rent a skip loader to fix the bumpy road when the weather pattern clears.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

We had 2 inches recorded here from a cloudburst that passed over in about an hour,... then sunshine, a rainbow, and a contained flashflood behind the ol' 7M Ranch.... no harm done,.... thanks for posting,... just a very exciting week. It's hard to beat the thrill of a thunderstorm in the desert, if you are out of harms way. Running around barefoot in cutoffs was deja vu, like 50 years ago for me -- but this time I had an Android for phone pics...! awesome fun!