Just for you guy's up north who could enjoy something like this!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Just thought i would share something special with my group family as i have just been going through tons of C'Dale paperwork, documents and the like and ran across this in my recently luck out big time aquired collection of all original, complete...and i mean complete!, everything from the begining to the end of C'Dale history of sketches, drawings, concept bikes, prototypes, engines, production, prints, pictures, slides, parts info, notes, scribles, doodles, various reciepts, emails, letters, contracts, bids, pricing on development, estimated cost for production, vendors, who was who and what parts they played in the game and who called the shots...and so much more!....again i mean all documentation of anything that had to do with C'Dale from its first vision of being a Motorcycle dating back in late '96 to the end (with '04 stuff in the works!) and all through many unseen design stages of each that were not seen by many or have never been seen by any other eye's except for now!, and yes...also everything on the design stages of the C'Dale ATV as well......and all staight from the owners of the design team whom have been good friends for a long, long time that was in charge of the projects that presented all of this and everything they had to me for the historical preservation of the Cannondale Motorcycle and ATV (which to me is also part of the design companies history also to preserve)!....its going to take a long time to study all of this and scan to my computer...and that is what i can as far as size wise...some stuff big!....and as several of you know i have been writing a book on the history of C'Dale for quite some time now...and this is all the rest to answer and fill in gaps that were there to help complete this quest....One day i hope! rolleyes.gif

And tons of above mentioned bikes and quads with pics of all kinds of various testing, design, riding etc...etc..on projector presentation slides or/and other forms of i dont know or have any idea what type of film!......how can i view or get them on CD disc...anyone know how to do this kind of stuff or identify if i took pics of the slides? huh.gif

And sorry guys who believe other wise...But the Motorcycle came first! tongue.gif

But guys you dont know how proud i am to now own and to try to preserve these historical documents of a American Made Dream that is our beloved infamous C'Dale's, that were handed to me for this task!, and the love and passion for these machines i have had since day one through all the good and bad of my own personal connection with the company and there machines! biggrin.gif

But anyway being a Bike guy, the bike stuff i have really been going through, but just started kinda thumbing through the back of the ATV books and found this interesting sketch of a concept piece that just stuck out like a sore thumb and blew me away that they were also looking in to and many other pages about its layout that was presented to them!, but just thought i would share a little with this wild and something special of a concept sketch of something i have always wanted to own but just not enough snow here (although we have seen our un-normal share in the last few years) to justify owning one, plus the room it would take up in my shop would be a spot for a couple more bikes! laugh.gif

But im sure some of you up north have high tech snowmobiles and i bet there a blast to ride as trick and hi-tech as they are nowdays stock!, the only snowmobile i ever rode was a 1974 AMF/Harley-Davidson 440 back in the mid '70's when i was up north in the winter at the HD factory during there dirt bike MX years of product testing there prototype MX'rs!, but the only draw back i would have living somewhere it would be worth while to own one would be ..i get cold to easy to play in the snow! laugh.gif, but just think a C'Dale sled!

But just also think if only there end was only a dream? what was there going to be and what changes would we have seen within the next few years after and/or in our C'Dale Motorsports future...just what if? ohmy.gif

Catmochanic

#2 Post by Catmochanic »

That's pretty awesome, thanks for sharing! I just moved to Ohio from North Carolina (don't ask why), that would be a fun project for sure! dry.gif

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Wow you are one lucky guy. Can't wait to see more pics!

Very very cool. If you don't mind me asking, where did you come across such a collection?

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Sounds like all this got into the right hands to share instead of it getting stashed away to never be seen again. Looking forward to your book!

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes awesome!

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

Oh wow!! That is soo cool! The collection, that is. I can't wait to hear more about it. I've had the Cannondale bug for a year or two myself and the whole story has always been a big part of it. I look forward to whatever you decide to share with us next!

exotic rider

#7 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (NRath @ Sep 13 2013, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh wow!! That is soo cool! The collection, that is. I can't wait to hear more about it. I've had the Cannondale bug for a year or two myself and the whole story has always been a big part of it. I look forward to whatever you decide to share with us next!

That's awesome you got that one of a kind collection! Reserve me a copy of the book

Speedy2222

#8 Post by Speedy2222 »

can't wait to see more of this

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (promod @ Sep 12 2013, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And tons of above mentioned bikes and quads with pics of all kinds of various testing, design, riding etc...etc..on projector presentation slides or/and other forms of i dont know or have any idea what type of film!......how can i view or get them on CD disc...anyone know how to do this kind of stuff or identify if i took pics of the slides? huh.gif

OK Group, theres going to be many more rare and never before seen things im going to share, but lots of things to scan and a lot of time involved in doing this!....and most are going to be simple things to do and some not!.....but good things come to those who wait!....They say! laugh.gif

UPDATE 09/18/13: I think i found my own answer on this and got a slide scanner coming that is suppose to put these in JPG format! So i will see...then maybe you can too! rolleyes.gif

67z400

#10 Post by 67z400 »

biggrin.gif