Werty's new cdale.

werty

#11 Post by werty »

Ok after getting a lot done tonight I thought I would install the rear hubs on the axle I got from rayspeed. What is the different types of hubs for the cannondales? the cannibal hubs are almost a inch off. 1/2 a mm smaller too. are moto hubs different.? Speed hubs? I'm at a loss. Stock spline depth is 50mm. The dura blue axle is 75mm. Anyone see this before?

SlOoT

#12 Post by SlOoT »

I checked all the hubs I have here, also a red moto pair, and they are all the same.
My gues is that you need an extra spacer, just like the moto axle has, wich uses 3 spacers each side.

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

That is an aftermarket axle. You probably are just missing a spacer or two that can go on either side of the hub. Make new ones from pieces of galvanized pipe if needed.

rayspeed

#14 Post by rayspeed »

Sorry I never noticed that the spacers were missing from when I bought it. The spacers were to adjust the rear track depending on how wide you wanted it or to compensate for different offset wheels or max width for a racing class. They are just thick washers or spacers almost anything to take up that space would work.

Dachshund

#15 Post by Dachshund »

Just simple spacers:

Dachshund

#16 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (werty @ Oct 1 2013, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hid 12k lights.

Are you looking for performance or color?

werty

#17 Post by werty »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Oct 14 2013, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you looking for performance or color?

Color mostly, for 10 bucks I can get any color. I heard that 6k is very good for all around night riding.
Thanks for the picture of the axle. The issue is the hubs are 24.5mm Id at the spline and the durablue axle is 25.2 at the od of the splines. Super tight fit. So tight I don't think if I beat them on I will ever get them back off. So I'm going to get another set of hubs and chock them up in the lathe and remove some material. Or the axle will be in the forsale section.

Dachshund

#18 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (werty @ Oct 14 2013, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Color mostly, for 10 bucks I can get any color. I heard that 6k is very good for all around night riding.
Thanks for the picture of the axle. The issue is the hubs are 24.5mm Id at the spline and the durablue axle is 25.2 at the od of the splines. Super tight fit. So tight I don't think if I beat them on I will ever get them back off. So I'm going to get another set of hubs and chock them up in the lathe and remove some material. Or the axle will be in the forsale section.

Ah yes. I had a Durablue and it was the same way. I beat my hubs on but when it came time to getting them off I ended up having to use a press. I think they may have made them the correct size before being chromed. Don't know. I remember reading someone took a Dremel and ground all the chrome off the splines.

As to the HID's, the Automotive OEM color temperature is 4300K and the most light(about 3200 Lumens). The higher you go the less light output. At 6000K you're allready at 2800 lumens. 12K will be really really blue and not much light. Also most stuff out there is junk and not what it is rated for. So lets say you get a 35 Watt ballast. It's probably only putting out around 27 watts. And they tend to quit working too. Same with the bulbs. I'd recommend Morimoto ballast's as they are sealed(unlike OEM) and Morimoto bulbs. Yes they are made over seas but much better stuff and you will be happier.

theretrofitsource. Where I get all my HID stuff. Best service anywhere.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...oducts_id=21742
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...roducts_id=4124

werty

#19 Post by werty »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Oct 14 2013, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes. I had a Durablue and it was the same way. I beat my hubs on but when it came time to getting them off I ended up having to use a press. I think they may have made them the correct size before being chromed. Don't know. I remember reading someone took a Dremel and ground all the chrome off the splines.

As to the HID's, the Automotive OEM color temperature is 4300K and the most light(about 3200 Lumens). The higher you go the less light output. At 6000K you're allready at 2800 lumens. 12K will be really really blue and not much light. Also most stuff out there is junk and not what it is rated for. So lets say you get a 35 Watt ballast. It's probably only putting out around 27 watts. And they tend to quit working too. Same with the bulbs. I'd recommend Morimoto ballast's as they are sealed(unlike OEM) and Morimoto bulbs. Yes they are made over seas but much better stuff and you will be happier.

theretrofitsource. Where I get all my HID stuff. Best service anywhere.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...oducts_id=21742
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_i...roducts_id=4124

That's cool. Thanks for the info. I'm a wiring nut so the cheap ballast get torn into and reworked. The 12k hid light was more for show than functional.

Here is the quad naked. Waiting on shocks and the lone star axle to go in.

werty

#20 Post by werty »

Made this for my honey. Its a knock off of a yamaha 80 from the 80s. I call it the choppah.