Engine CAD models Released On GRABCAD

4strokemadman

#1 Post by 4strokemadman »

Guys,

I have finally gotten off my butt and released the CAD files for the entire engine. I am hoping that this can turn into an open source project and we can build on this to upgrade the engine. I know you guys have a ton of Knowledge on what parts need to be upgraded. I don't know where this will all go but all the info can be found here:

https://grabcad.com/library/4-stroke-engine-432cc-1

-Paul

Blasterboy11

#2 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Thats fantastic. Great job with that stuff!

So, whos gonna crank out some billet timing covers smile.gif

4strokemadman

#3 Post by 4strokemadman »

Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that the files on GrabCad are in the native CAD format, PTC Creo (used to be called Pro/Engineer). The main reason for this is that the native files contain all of the info you need to make the part including dimensions/geometric tolerancing, material, revision etc.... You can find a free viewer app and a 30 day trial license here: http://www.ptc.com/community/free-downloads.htm

-Paul

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Thanks Paul!

promod

#5 Post by promod »

QUOTE (4strokemadman @ Dec 16 2013, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that the files on GrabCad are in the native CAD format, PTC Creo (used to be called Pro/Engineer). The main reason for this is that the native files contain all of the info you need to make the part including dimensions/geometric tolerancing, material, revision etc.... You can find a free viewer app and a 30 day trial license here: http://www.ptc.com/community/free-downloads.htm

-Paul

Hi and Thanx Paul for all this valuable information from your life you have blessed us with to view!, from what i have seen on GrabCad so far has had my heart pumping beyond control for days now!....think im about to stroke out!

Question, I see on the link you provided there is the free trial with limited time use called PTC CREO 2.0 (30 day trial of Creo Parametric and Flexible Modeling Extension.), Also there is a free download with unlimited use called PTC CREO VIEW EXPRESS (A 2D & 3D CAD viewer software download.), So which one is the best to use or the pro's and Con's of either?

Any help appreciated! Thanx, Mike

67z400

#6 Post by 67z400 »

Wow! This is awesome. I am well versed in AutoCAD, Inventor, and ProE. This will be fun.

Thank you!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow cool and Thanks!

First to design a Decomp that doesnt fail gets my $ for it!

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 31 2013, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow cool and Thanks!

First to design a Decomp that doesnt fail gets my $ for it!

Steve, did my billet one fail on you?

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes. 3 failures since I have had Cannondales. This is a part no other make even thinks about. Just works. Sucks.

werty

#10 Post by werty »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 31 2013, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. 3 failures since I have had Cannondales. This is a part no other make even thinks about. Just works. Sucks.

I would love to see new cams...