NEED HELP!...Looking for something odd!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Greetings group!

Looking for something that i have not been able to find anywhere and been searching for a long time, but since you guys and gals are into everything and work at a lot of different type and industrial and manufacturing places and most have a lot of connections for different odd things and some of you are across the big pond im hoping you can help me locate or steer me in a direction.

But im looking for a Metric Hex Nut, at least a 8.8 grade, full standard thickness, zinc plated prefered, in the size 14 x 1.25 !

No, Its not C'Dale related, but for one of my other odd brand vintage bikes being a '78 Harley-Davidson MX250 Motocrosser, this part has been obsolete for a long time and i have exhausted my supply of them and looking for more!

I have never had a problem on locating any sized metric nut, screw, bolt or whatever before...but this size has been a issue!

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who would be kind enough to help me!

Thanx guys!, Ciao!, Mike

PS: I did find some on Ebay, but the seller is located in the UK and will not ship outside the UK for some unknown reason, So if anyone can help me out there who lives in the UK please let me know!, Thanks again!

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

2smoker

#3 Post by 2smoker »

QUOTE (promod @ Dec 31 2013, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings group!

Looking for something that i have not been able to find anywhere and been searching for a long time, but since you guys and gals are into everything and work at a lot of different type and industrial and manufacturing places and most have a lot of connections for different odd things and some of you are across the big pond im hoping you can help me locate or steer me in a direction.

But im looking for a Metric Hex Nut, at least a 8.8 grade, full standard thickness, zinc plated prefered, in the size 14 x 1.25 !

No, Its not C'Dale related, but for one of my other odd brand vintage bikes being a '78 Harley-Davidson MX250 Motocrosser, this part has been obsolete for a long time and i have exhausted my supply of them and looking for more!

I have never had a problem on locating any sized metric nut, screw, bolt or whatever before...but this size has been a issue!

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who would be kind enough to help me!

Thanx guys!, Ciao!, Mike

PS: I did find some on Ebay, but the seller is located in the UK and will not ship outside the UK for some unknown reason, So if anyone can help me out there who lives in the UK please let me know!, Thanks again!

fastenal should have or be able to get what you need.

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (2smoker @ Jan 1 2014, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fastenal should have or be able to get what you need.

Thanx, Although been there done that, as they were on the top 40 kinda good source list!, its the 1.25 thread pitch thats the problem, if it was 1.5 thread pitch...all day long..a dime a dozen! laugh.gif , but something somewhere has to use a 14x1.25 hex nut...as dont think the HD plant in Italy had that nut size made for them for that one bike! huh.gif

Dachshund ...Thank you too for the reply with a link where they do list that size but only in unplated raw black steel....Might be a only choice...will contact them though, but also found after a lot of web searching, finding, calling or emailing...getting ahold of them and then they dont have...but always say can order if you buy a case of 5000 or something crazy, but going to check with them anyway and/but also keep searching for a form of plated one for kinda preventive rust reasons as it seems like those black ones start rusting at the first sweat of moisture!

I Appreciate the help and any future help you guys can give on steering me in a direction!

Its a shame that the Ebay seller in the UK has what i need but wont even reply to messages about shipping to the states! mad.gif

2smoker

#5 Post by 2smoker »

isnt there alot of lug nuts that are that size and pitch? could you grind the taper off of it and use it that way? huh.gif

promod

#6 Post by promod »

QUOTE (2smoker @ Jan 1 2014, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
isnt there alot of lug nuts that are that size and pitch? could you grind the taper off of it and use it that way? huh.gif

laugh.gif , We think a like! Yes there is..and very common...And depends on lug nut style like for some fancy auto aftermarket wheels sometimes can make two nuts out of each lug nut there so long,...then again been there done that also...just kinda looking for un-common but simple nut to look kinda correct for bike and a ready made part and supplier and when you keep searching or asking sometimes you find....sometimes! unsure.gif

SlOoT

#7 Post by SlOoT »

I have those nuts in stock here. But problem is, I am located in Europe.

Those nuts are used in Minarelli AM6 (49cc) engines.

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

back to sience class??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybE2Qp-avw

or there has to be a sorce to have them plated?????????

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I had been looking for a nylock nut in the same size and it was almost impossible to find unless I wanted to buy in bulk. It seems like I was able to source a standard nut, but I'm really not sure if it was zinc plated or grade 8 for that matter, but they were out there.

werty

#10 Post by werty »

M14-1.25 (14mm x 1.25) Serrated Flanged- A HARD TO FIND FINELY THREADED NUT-- http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...id=131074141421