New cannondale owner help

Motoman440

#1 Post by Motoman440 »

Just be sure the Dales you purchase have the stud update, engine mount update and battery tray update (very simple) completed and do the regular oil changes. Otherwise just freakin hang-on!!!!! Whaaahoooo!!!! Man, do I miss my Dale.sad.gif

Motoman440

#2 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by Jennys400ex
These quads are still in the crate. Will they need to be updated after they get them out??

What is the stud update all about??

You need to read through the Powertrain section, thread Crankshaft / Trans Cart Bolts. The stud update is the most important!!!! I highly recommend to call and talk to Haydug or Jeff@thequadshop prior to purchasing your Dales!!! There are alot of guys that know there stuff on hear but these guys both have shops that sell Dales and they both ride them as well.

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

Hey Jenny,

You'll really need to just tear into one and check it over. Are they 03's ? Your in Ohio, right?

Welcome to the family! :usa :head:

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Now this is a SMART family, trading Honda's for dale's. I for one think you are making an excellent choice, after you ride one, you will thow rocks at the honda (aint that right motoman biggrin.gif )
Check for cartridge plate update, not that big a deal to do, if you need help and are close to southern ohio, let me know, if not there is someone close to you on this sight I'm sure that would lend a helping hand.
:welcome:

Motoman440

#5 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by haydug
Now this is a SMART family, trading Honda's for dale's. I for one think you are making an excellent choice, after you ride one, you will thow rocks at the honda (aint that right motoman biggrin.gif )
Check for cartridge plate update, not that big a deal to do, if you need help and are close to southern ohio, let me know, if not there is someone close to you on this sight I'm sure that would lend a helping hand.
:welcome:

Ouch!!! That hurt!!!!:cry:

jcv440

#6 Post by jcv440 »

Ouch, that's a long drive. Yep, we'll keep you guys running, and answer all the quesitons.

Better buy a cover for the 440, dust will scratch the plastic after awhile. tongue.gif

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

Definitely switch to Evans coolant- SOON. The magnesium valve cover corrodes with the stock anti-freeze. Do a search on the site for "Evans" and you can find more info. That stud update is no joke. Some quads have been killed within the first 10 hours. I would check this and do the antifreeze before riding them. While your doing the studs is the best opportunity to do the motor mount update.

:welcome: to the Family!!:usa

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

Ohhh, and I know where you can get a great deal on some super strong Tag X-5 handlebars that'll fit the stock clamps!wink.gif wink.gif

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

I sent you a PM. And the coolant thread is answering your question.