Something Sorta pretty cool!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Thought i would share this as of course most of us own other brand off-road bikes, Atv's and street bikes as we are all powersport machine enthusiast here!

I have been kind of fascinated for several years now of the companies getting involved in developing Electric motorcycles, Why?...because it is the future rather if we like it or not...although i might not live long enough to see thats going to be the only option we will have, But i have been following Zero, KTM and the other brands that have been working and offering them already and would really like to have a off-road Electric bike once they get all the bugs worked out of them and when the prices come down on them, But now even HD is getting into the game, I know they have there new manufactured in India Street 500 and 750 models coming out soon to your local dealers, but never thought HD would get involved in a motorcycle that didnt make there patented POTATO POTATO sound that they fought over in court for so long!

But i do love the sound this bike makes for being electric and it does look pretty cool!, just thought i would share this with the group! ohmy.gif

So check out this video of it in action and the cool sound it makes!...wonder if they will try to patent that sound? tongue.gif

http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/featured_...nsite=obnetwork

speedfreek

#2 Post by speedfreek »

As far as the HD electric bike is concerned, it sounds like a market share kind of thing to me. I would have to believe that hard core Harley people would have no interest in electric bikes. This is just to broaden their appeal to attract a different type of rider.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Jun 20 2014, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the HD electric bike is concerned, it sounds like a market share kind of thing to me. I would have to believe that hard core Harley people would have no interest in electric bikes. This is just to broaden their appeal to attract a different type of rider.

Very true! HD didnt become the huge company they are just for there antiquated V-Twin motorcycles alone, They know how to market things!, When a company can put there name on toilet paper and sell it...someone in marketing knows what there doing, and when the HD companies marketing strategies are taught in colleges that tells you they must know what there doing in that department anyway!, But if they was only smart enough to have put there name on Buell motorcycles when they owned them they would have sold every one they made and would have already grabbed another market share they cant capture now!, No this electric bike will never go over with the old school die-hard HD guys, but neither will the made in India HD Street 500 and 750, as word is spreading fast from what i have been reading that everyone is finding this out that the new 500/750's will only be assembled here from parts shipped from over there and not manufactured here or was designed here like there trying to make everyone believe!, but the good thing is it will give people here jobs and then again its HD's marketing of them to grab that new market share of smaller displacement bikes, even though they look like a Hyosung copy to me....and i hope they do well with them, if they can get more people riding its all a good thing!....just all my not worth even 2-cents opinion only!

pcleiter

#4 Post by pcleiter »

Yea, the electric bikes are worth following. It is only a matter of time IMO. I'm liking the Zero FX bikes, just not sure that I can bring myself to part with $11k for one.

Not digging the 'jet engine' sound on the Harley. Too high-pitch. Maybe it would grow on me but I wonder if they could have added some sort of mechanical sound to it. And I really don't see the bike appealing to their core customer base - and they seem to acknowledge that in the video.