Snow & Ice!...oh the fun!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Man am i sick of winter already!, I know you guys and gals up North & NE have it real bad, but weather here in KY just isn't suppose to be like this!, Just got 16" of snow on top of 6" of ice dumped on us and it hit -8 degrees last night...i'm freezing!, Got out this morning to clear a path shoveling snow to try to get my truck out and right when i made a path...here came a Snow plow and pushed a 4' wall up right behind my truck...while i was still standing there behind my truck and almost pushed me into it as it started covering me!, and the guy in truck just looked at me and waved with a big smile on his face, well the gesture i gave him was without a smile and wasn't a friendly wave back! LOL!, no, i know he was just doing his job but he could have cut me a little slack on that one as he did see me and what i was doing!

I'm all for the global warming thing.....not another ice age!

But i sure wish i had a snowmobile right now, as i guess you guys and gals up North & NE when you cant ride your bikes or quads a snowmobile is like your other have fun on and gotta own one or two machines!...but i just don't know if i could handle the cold to ride one, do they make heated plug in riding gear for snowmobiles like they do for bikes?

But again i guess the weather we are having here is just a walk in the park on a spring day for some of you!

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

You know they don't call it Global warming anymore, it's Climate Change, that way they don't have to explain why their predictions are off so much tongue.gif

sitting on 84 here in socal, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Mar 6 2015, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sitting on 84 here in socal.

Got any room for me and my bikes to move in? huh.gif

pcleiter

#4 Post by pcleiter »

We thought we were going to make it through the season with just a few bruizes but Thurdsay's storm got us. The funny thing about last year and this year is that, usually, a storm will drop snow on us, then it will melt and then another storm will come along. Last year and this year, we've had the snow come, and then it gets bitter cold, and then more snow on top of it, and then more cold, and then more snow, etc. A very unusual pattern for us.

But for me, it is quite the bonus because it is just about the only time that I get to ride any more. Schedules are tight and there aren't many worthwhile places to go within an hour or two of me so when I can ride on unlimited miles of paved and slick roadways, I'm all over it. Few things are as fun as pitching it sideways at speed and rooster tailing through long sweeping turns w/o much to worry about.

Major bummer last year was when the trailer door froze shut from water dripping down the back! Had to get the heat gun and a pry bar!