Unusual stuff I found

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Trying to make some room in the garage I took some time to check out some of the loot I picked up from this summers pick. Out of the first box was mostly engine parts. I did find some stuff I never knew existed. Take this for example a short clutch rod. What engine was that out of ?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Here is a special prize. Ill bet this might be the only one in existance. A hand made Mil tool . The fuel selections were written with a pen. Thats crazy.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Perhaps a prototype quick connect fitting? An anodized aluminum oil pump drive shaft. A tall factory lug nut ? A tall tie rod end spacer? Plastic tranny spray bar and plastic oil bridge. A billet chain guide insert? There is a bunch of stuff I have yet to identify of what it actually is. Lots of spacers bushings and brackets. I did find a couple of the metal inserts for the 2 piece swingarm bearings. We used some of these a while back to build plastic bushings to ditch the junkpile of swingarm parts .

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

There was also a bunch of titanium bolts and nuts scattered around . One was even banjo bolt for a caliper. I doubt they are factory but cool none the less.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Im trying to get a few more projects running and will post up more when I get a chance. If you guys have any crazy unusual parts post up some pics. We all know a ton of one off prototype stuff escaped the dumpster.

promod

#6 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Aug 4 2015, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take this for example a short clutch rod. What engine was that out of ?

Looks like that clutch push rod came out of the WJ series engines!

promod

#7 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Aug 4 2015, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a special prize. Ill bet this might be the only one in existance. A hand made Mil tool . The fuel selections were written with a pen. Thats crazy.

I also have a real early version sent to me from C'Dale before Kent-Moore released them and sending them out to the dealer network, almost looks the same except for the lights which were a little bigger (Will post a pic of it whenever I dig it out!), never got it to work right...along with other ones like it C'Dale claimed they were also having problems with and working on getting the bugs out!

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Here is what might be the velocity stack for the folan engines.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Billet clutch cover . What I find very unusual is they have a gasket on it. What would be the point of that if the side cover has an oring ? Hmm

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Hey a ball bearing for the crank . This is the size of the left side bearing.