Happy autumn festivus

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Its my favorite time of year when we get to redecorate our traditional 4th of july tree from red white and blue to orange and green . We have our candy bags all packed up and ready to hang for the little goblins to pick off of it. biggrin.gif

Have a merry Festivus everyone or happy halloween to you old schoolers.

promod

#2 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 31 2015, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its my favorite time of year when we get to redecorate our traditional 4th of july tree from red white and blue to orange and green . We have our candy bags all packed up and ready to hang for the little goblins to pick off of it. biggrin.gif

Have a merry Festivus everyone or happy halloween to you old schoolers.

That is really cool John and a very generous and kind thing to do for the Kids (and Adults!)! Happy All Hallows' Evening everyone!

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

We only have a dozen or so kids come to our house because we are the only one on the block to actually have our lights on so I make sure the kids get loads of goodies when they stop by. I also think its fun to watch my wife get mad when I dump 20+ pieces into their pails . Last year she grabbed candy back out of one little girls bag saying it was to much. I scolder her for taking candy from babies. Oh good times. Ill video it this year.

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

If you were closer,I'd help eat the left overs.

speedfreek

#5 Post by speedfreek »

If only John handed out Little Debbies, the fun you could have. laugh.gif

pcleiter

#6 Post by pcleiter »

Nice combination of holidays! We had more treaters this year than in prior years. We're on the corner of the neighborhood and surrounded by people who are not home so we made sure that our house was lit better than in prior years. I think it paid off.

Our feature attraction this year was 'Annie' (see attached photo). Bonus points for anyone who can name the cultural phenomena that she belongs to...

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

You got me on the skeleton. I made 40 bags of candy and 31 kids showed up. The last few kids we let snag a few extra. We got lots of positive comments on the idea. Next year I hook up a horn or silly string shooter to blast the kids when they grab a bag . I be the one giving the trick for a treat. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (pcleiter @ Nov 2 2015, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice combination of holidays! We had more treaters this year than in prior years. We're on the corner of the neighborhood and surrounded by people who are not home so we made sure that our house was lit better than in prior years. I think it paid off.

Our feature attraction this year was 'Annie' (see attached photo). Bonus points for anyone who can name the cultural phenomena that she belongs to...

Dia de los Muertos ?

pcleiter

#9 Post by pcleiter »

We had about 15 groups come by this year, which is better than any other year that I can recall. Seems like most people go in large groups rather than just a single family with their kids.

Rather than only catering to the kids, a number of households keep alcoholic favors for thirsty parents. I was handing out Coronas through the night and there is a guy who pulls a 'beer wagon' around also. It is a pretty festive night round these parts!

The skeleton with the roses is one of the emblems of the Grateful Dead. Many people know of the Steal-Your-Face skull, a lot know of the Dancing Bears, and then there are the skeletons themselves like this one. A few of their songs reference skeletons and bones, and one actually names 'Annie' who 'laid her head down in the roses' in her grave.