OFF TOPIC...BUT STILL PRETTY COOL!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Thought I would share this link to the top 10 motorcycle commercials from the 1970's!.....if any of you even cares, but thought I would share anyway!

As I know most of you came up riding other brands and still own other brands (like me!), but some of you were not even born yet in the '70's! But still cool to watch as brings back a lot of memories to me!

But my favorite was always the Kawasaki commercials...they did have the best!, And one Honda commercial even had a very young John Travolta in it (Whoopee! ...But my Wife's true love!)!

Hope some of you enjoy watching these! wink.gif

http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/top-10...70s_commercials

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

was that a Suzuki the dog was pissing on in the second kawi commercial?
thanks for sharing, probably the best thing about my day!

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 8 2015, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was that a Suzuki the dog was pissing on in the second kawi commercial?
thanks for sharing, probably the best thing about my day!

Hum mm, Kinda looked like a Kawi S3 400cc 2-stroke triple...maybe wrong though about model, but sure looked like a Kawi from the styling! But would have been more funny if it is or was a Suzi!

Any of you guys ever rode one of Kawi's H1 (500cc) or the H2 (750cc) 2-stroke triples (3-cylinders) street bikes from back in those days....scary fast bikes...especially the H2!

Glad you liked it, I really enjoyed them...all of them brought back a lot of memories to me as remember them pretty well!

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

I had friends that own all three different models. The H2 was brutal! It held the stock motorcycle fastest 1/4 mile title for many years. A buddy of mine in town still rides his H2 with un-muffled Denco chambers thru town! That thing is a total mosquito fogger!

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (promod @ Dec 8 2015, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hum mm, Kinda looked like a Kawi S3 400cc 2-stroke triple...maybe wrong though about model, but sure looked like a Kawi from the styling! But would have been more funny if it is or was a Suzi!

Any of you guys ever rode one of Kawi's H1 (500cc) or the H2 (750cc) 2-stroke triples (3-cylinders) street bikes from back in those days....scary fast bikes...especially the H2!

Glad you liked it, I really enjoyed them...all of them brought back a lot of memories to me as remember them pretty well!

I knew a guy that died on one when I was in high school, probably a lot of those stories too unsure.gif

promod

#6 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 9 2015, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew a guy that died on one when I was in high school, probably a lot of those stories too unsure.gif

Kuma, Same here almost!, When I was in high school a good friend had a H2 and was showing off in front of the school riding wheelies on it and hit a moving car, he was in critical condition after that.....and still has mobility problems even from that incident today! And still has the totaled out bike sitting in his garage!

Still have 2 other friends that own H2's, One has a bone stock mint one and the other friend has one that's ported, pipes and bigger carbs which even makes it even more scary...but being a adrenaline junkie I love to ride it still and did back in the summer...what a thrill!

speedfreek

#7 Post by speedfreek »

I had a 1975 h1 in 1980. Had it up to 95 mph but couldn't go any faster due to the front end vibrating something aweful. That bike was scary in a wonderful way. I loved that bike but tired of the constant carb problems and finally sold it . I still hope to get another one some day but the value has skyrocked on a clean example.

promod

#8 Post by promod »

Here is another funny video I found, and since I own a new Triumph sport touring bike (not this model of bike of course) thought it was pretty funny!

This Triumph video is great and is really a Triumph produced video!

Catch the phrase of them saying "with over 900 years of motorcycle building powers behind them" and other funny things! ...its great! laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPeyhiD7KYw

Hope some of you enjoy it!

promod

#9 Post by promod »

And you gotta check these out! laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9PCfVqBMY

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

found this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czGu38vHOIU

its not really a comercial butt when I saw the kawi I though of this thread. plus it was the era I started racing in

I was never much of a kawasaki fan, most if not all of the kawasaki's I rode with had trany problems at one time or another.