Bleeding Brakes

ATVman

#1 Post by ATVman »

OK, this is frustrating the **** out of me and looking for some insight. I bought a 93 Honda CR80 for one of the boys, it was a bare frame and tubs of parts when I got it. It's all back together, running fairly well but the **** front brake! Whoever disassembled this thing ripped it ALL apart, even disconnecting the brakes lines from the master cylinders (front and rear) thus all fluid drained. Back one filled and bled fine, I can't get the front one to push any fluid down the line.

I have tried putting one of the little hand pumps that put a vacuum in the system and all I accomplished was pulling the remaining fluid out of the caliper. I tried reversing it and pushing fluid up the line via the caliper w/ some compressed air, all I could do was get fluid flowing threw the caliper, nothing else. It seems to me that either the line is plugged or the master cylinder is hosed. I did remove the line from the master cylinder and pulled the lever a few times expecting fluid to come out, at least some anyway. I got a couple light squirts, drops more like it then nothing. Can anyone tell me, is this designed to not send fluid unless the line is connected? Or is this an indication of a problem w/ the master cylinder?

This job shouldn't be this difficult! mad.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

CHeck for a small hole in the middle of the rezzy that allows fluid into the piston when you hold the lever forward. If it plugs with sludge the piston will never suck fluid in. Its a very tny hole that you can clean with a needle.