Pikes Peak Hillclimb

Canniboomer

#1 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep fellas... happy to announce that we have another pony in the race!, for the 2nd year in a row.

Last year, rider Jude Monica finished the Climb, for the first Cannondale ever. He was running a 3-year old motor from an earlier build I did for him.
That one was a ported stock 432... but he needs more power for the 12 mile haul to above 14,000 ft!

This year, for the 100th anniversary of the race!, I have a new motor installed. So far, he has done the break-in here in Arizona, wrung it out over in Texas,
and is now several days into the Qualifying runs up the Peak.... His times have been respectable in the middle of the pack so far.. the Lightweight Class.

Today is the last day of Qualifying, and with a more finely tuned map by Eric Hall aka Easy E.
Race Day is Sunday.

Here are some APP links to follow the race. Ride Safe Jude!... go Team Magura.

You can download it to your iOS device here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ppihc/id1004907311?mt=8 .

You can download it to your Android device - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ppihc&hl=en

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Good Luck!

promod

#3 Post by promod »

Good deal and the best of luck Dave!

Who is in the pic? Left to Right? Is one of those guys you?...Nice to put a face to someone I have dealt with for so long!..Plus contributed so much to this forum and keeping us going in parts...And Thanx for all that!!

Ciao my Friend!

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Dave is the one on the right. The other guy is the owner of the bike.

promod

#5 Post by promod »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jun 26 2016, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave is the one on the right. The other guy is the owner of the bike.

Thanx Ken, I am guess that's our right looking at pic and not there right!....right? tongue.gif laugh.gif

polyesterpig

#6 Post by polyesterpig »

Good luck today! ph34r.gif

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Thanks guys.. appreciated!
But sadly, rider Jude just reports a DNF, good time lower leg and then machine stopped before midway up. No warning or symptom to guess about yet. Sorrow today, but thanks for support.

yamadjs08

#8 Post by yamadjs08 »

I'm curious to see what failed. I haven't been able to keep any engine from failing in my s440, they must not like the street abuse. Just finished the second one off at the National Supermoto Meet in Branson a few weeks ago, have yet to tear into it to assess the damage.