Cannon-Zilla

actvpwr

#1 Post by actvpwr »

Took a while but it all worked out. Got it started one Saturday morning and ran a Harescramble the next day and finished. Has not missed a beat. This thing is fast.

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

Looks good. Great job.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

That is sweet. Would love to see it in action.

actvpwr

#4 Post by actvpwr »

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Very nice,any big problems with the install?

actvpwr

#6 Post by actvpwr »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Oct 17 2016, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice,any big problems with the install?

Thanks buddy
Really just the custom pipe. I had an FMF Fatty and chopped it up pretty thoroughly but tried to keep the same area even though I completely rerouted it. Had to cut out for the kick stater, I've gusseted that up better since the pictures were taken.
I'll try to get some detail shots under the seat, obviously needed an aluminum tank and a custom air box. That all worked out nice just enough room for the silencer. Had to cut out some of the upper shock brace to make room for the carb.
It finally just all came together and has been holding together nice for a year. The key is the weight this thing is so light it handles so good. I used to race Quadzillas back in the day and there is no comparison as far as the handling. To me this thing is the perfect Quad I just love it.

Thanks

Chris

Kuma

#7 Post by Kuma »

nice job, I went a little different route with my hybrid, totally changed the rear suspension, I see that I have not updated my thread for a while, last thing shows the broken swing arm, I've since made a replacement using a TRX450R for the bulk of it.

CR500 hybrid quad

I'm thinking of selling if you know of anyone interested in another one of a kind, just getting too old sad to say and with age comes the cage as they say.

actvpwr

#8 Post by actvpwr »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Oct 27 2016, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice job, I went a little different route with my hybrid, totally changed the rear suspension, I see that I have not updated my thread for a while, last thing shows the broken swing arm, I've since made a replacement using a TRX450R for the bulk of it.

CR500 hybrid quad

I'm thinking of selling if you know of anyone interested in another one of a kind, just getting too old sad to say and with age comes the cage as they say.

Hey buddy I feel ya, I'm 59 but I still can't give up. I still have a couple Hare Scrambles left in me. That CR500 conversion must be a real monster, you must own your own tig welder.

I had a RM250 in one of these once and it vibrated to death. The harmonics are just crazy, I'd tighten everything up it would be good for a couple hours then some point of the motor mount would crack then it would be all over and the whole thing would vibrate to pieces.
The Quadzilla with the balance shaft was the ticket. Thanks for the note bud

Kuma

#9 Post by Kuma »

I'm not giving up offroading but I do find myself running the Honda pilot a lot more and am in the process of finishing up a single seat hayabusa buggy.
the Cannondale frame seems to be the perfect solution to the vibration of the CR, does it vibrate, ya, but not like I've heard from other people that have done 250r to 500 conversions.
as far as the power, the CR500 is not the legendary monster that people seem to think it is, it has potential for more just like the suk500, I have a friend that has several quadzillas, I think the he has a couple that have over 100 ponys.