GP Controls on Windows 10 and map select switch

DaveKOregon

#1 Post by DaveKOregon »

I recently installed the GP Controls Cannondale Diagnostic Tool on a Windows 10 notebook. This is my first installation since my original install on Windows XP back in 2003. I'm running the most recent copy of DIAGMAIN.EXE that I have, which is dated 4/8/2003.

I've successfully added the ECU for my 02 E440 using the original authorization codes, but I'm seeing some odd behavior.

First, when I start the application I get the error "This software is either not properly installed or has expired."

Second, from the File --> Add/Select ECU window, the list shows some odd characters at the end of the Alias. I've attached a picture of this behavior.

After searching through the forums, it appears that a newer Windows 10 compatible version might be available. I couldn't find any information on how to get hold of this.

Anyone know how to get a newer version of GP Controls?

Also, I'd like to add the map select switch to my E440. Anyone know where I might be able to find one of those?

Thanks everyone!

David

DaveKOregon

#2 Post by DaveKOregon »

A quick update on this...

The installation of GP Controls on Windows 10 is not working. The application reports that it is not licensed correctly and will not function.

I was able to contact Scooter, and he confirmed that GP Controls is not Windows 10 compatible.

I'm abandoning trying to get this to work on Windows 10 and getting hold of an old Windows XP computer.

Nuts!

David