Is the Monster real?

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Last weekend we went to the US Bank stadium to see the supercross races. Brian told us to take in some empty cans of monster energy so we could get free pit passes at the gate. Well apparently this was not true so we tossed the cans. What I thought was strange is Monster sponsored the event, had tee shirt booths everywhere and adds on every viewing screen there was. The one thing I did not see was anyone actually selling of drinking monster energy drinks. I tried one years ago when they came out (yuk) but I can't really say I know someone who actually drinks the stuff. Are they just a marketing scheme like Harley where most profits are from the image "gear" instead of the base product? Just curious.

promod

#2 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 24 2017, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last weekend we went to the US Bank stadium to see the supercross races. Brian told us to take in some empty cans of monster energy so we could get free pit passes at the gate. Well apparently this was not true so we tossed the cans. What I thought was strange is Monster sponsored the event, had tee shirt booths everywhere and adds on every viewing screen there was. The one thing I did not see was anyone actually selling of drinking monster energy drinks. I tried one years ago when they came out (yuk) but I can't really say I know someone who actually drinks the stuff. Are they just a marketing scheme like Harley where most profits are from the image "gear" instead of the base product? Just curious.

I agree with you 100% about both comments!

...the drink taste terrible!

...And after many, many years of working at a Harley-Davidson dealership in my life and actually retiring from one, I will say its about all the HD branded stuff and the HD lifestyle is where there money is coming from, HD shops today are like department stores not like a real motorcycle shop, And with HD in trouble again with sales down as the market is flooded and that HD branded stuff is still what keeps them going!, If HD would concentrate on updating and changing there prehistoric dated bikes to capture a new market of riders instead of just taking the same v-twin bikes and changing colors or adding more bling and calling it a new model they just might recover again, but one thing I have learned from my years at a HD dealership its all about HD politics...and you cant get them to change!, Yes I am a collector of all the old 1961-1978 Italian made Aermacchi-AMF/HD 50cc-350cc lightweight bikes and love them, and yes I have respect for the HD company itself and where they came from by just the 4 founding fathers building a bike in there little shop which to me is a part of the USA's history!, And plus HD thought there new 500cc and 750cc bikes made in India would pull them out, but they were wrong on that as there not selling and dealers are flooded with them, And mark my word within 2 years if not less those bikes will be done!....All just IMHO Only which really means nothing!