The passing of a legend...Nicky Hayden...The Kentucky Kid!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Sad day and hard to believe that after achieving the success He did in FlatTrack and Professional Moto GP Superbike racing at over 200mph., The Champion "The Kentucky Kid" Nicky Hayden passed away yesterday at very young age of 35 years old from a bicycle training accident in Italy where He was hit by a car last week.

Nicky was born in Owensboro, KY and not that far from Me, I have watched Him race since He was a little kid racing FlatTrack on Yamaha PW50's at many local tracks here around this area and watched Him move up to stardom through the years, His life along with His Brothers was all about Motorcycle Racing, Nicky was born a natural champion and was destine to receive the fame He did!

I have always been friends with his whole family and last time I seen Him was at DuQuoin, Il last year with another good friend of mine superbike Champ Jake Lewis (Who also is from KY...Princeton in fact...And His Dad Bobby and I are the best of friends) at the mile race, they wasn't competing, just in for a visit and as spectators with there family, friends and also I was also with them.

He had achieved in 35 years what most of could never imagine to do in a lifetime!

And it was a honor to have known Him and His family and say we were Friends!

Just thought I would share.

Godspeed Nicky with the throttle wide open.....all the way there my Friend!