Tell Me you Guys or Gals up North (or wherever theres Snow!) are ....?

promod

#1 Post by promod »

......INTO THIS!

Been following this for a year or so! ....And WOW! ...The technology advancement of Snow Bikes are unreal and what you can do with them now...Kinda like riding a Bike with ski's instead of wheels I guess...in a way...kinda sorta!, But love the new sport that's growing fast and finally qualified racing wise as such!

Wistech I can see you building one of these out of a C'Dale for Mr. Foot...At His generous expense of course and Bike donation for all to ride when applicable! ohmy.gif !

Always wanted a Snowmobile but of course we never have any or enough Snow (guaranteed seasonal) to justify expense (or shop room!) of owning one! ...But of course I always said IF I ever did live up North (Or anywhere!) where there's usually plenty of SNOW, SNOWLAND AREAS, COLD, ICE..REPEAT SNOW AND COLD I would own one!.....But that is not going to happen anymore as far as moving and living up there no way, no how!..The problem now is as the older I get the colder I get!, ...As if it falls below 70 I'm freezing!...So NO snowmobile in my future!

But anyway here's a YouTube link just to a couple and the videos go on from there, So enjoy if its your thing! ...But I think there pretty cool and would love to own one now way over a Snowmobile...But as indicated above previously in a way...Aint (made auto correct accept that word as this is KY! wink.gif ) gonna happen because there's Snow, Ice and its COLD UP THERE!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M47xYamI0b0...Gq&index=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThBbp4UFONM...Q_8Y5IafWvqOrGq

Question?...Any of you own a high tech Snowmobile?

Ciao! Mike

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

I don't go out of the house unless it's at least 60.
So I'll be indoors for a while.
A LONG time ago I talked a friend into buying a Chrysler Sno-runner.
It was like a mini bike with a narrow rear track and a front ski. Very fun once you got under way. Not very fast.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Dec 31 2017, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't go out of the house unless it's at least 60.
So I'll be indoors for a while.

I thought BIGFOOT's are like Big, Furry, Husky, physical, Outdoorsy, Live and Kill, Eat what you can off the Land!...Did I say OUTDOORSY? ....In the BELOW FREEZING COLD temps with SNOW everyday Mammal Things that has a sweet tooth (Or so I've heard!)?! unsure.gif ...Or is that a Yeti? rolleyes.gif

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (promod @ Dec 31 2017, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought BIGFOOT's are like Big, Furry, Husky, physical, Outdoorsy, Live and Kill, Eat what you can off the Land!...Did I say OUTDOORSY? ....In the BELOW FREEZING COLD temps with SNOW everyday Mammal Things that has a sweet tooth (Or so I've heard!)?! unsure.gif ...Or is that a Yeti? rolleyes.gif

I am big and furry.Today It's minus 35 wind chill. See you in the spring.

promod

#5 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Jan 1 2018, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am big and furry.Today It's minus 35 wind chill. See you in the spring.

So BIGFOOT''s go into hibernation? laugh.gif

Its 9 degrees here right now, but it feels like -10!...But getting ready to go Street riding for several hours as its been a annual thing I've done for many years now on New Years Day with my Bud's!....Even though I hate the cold....But I have very nice electric heated riding gear (pants, jacket, gloves etc..) that plugs into my Triumph Sport Touring Bike that I can control the temperature on...And it can get so hot you almost sweat in it! cool.gif ....My Bud's call it my space suit!...And all of them being die hard typical HD guys I almost guarantee several of them will be in sleeveless t-shirts with there doo-rags on! wacko.gif

Ciao my Brother and Happy New Years to you and your family! Mike

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Its -11 here right now and dropping. I have to get up to start 65 school busses at 2:30am so the kiddies can get to school. As far as the snowbikes they are considered motorcycles and just like dirt bikes cannot be ridden in WI except in a few places. They do look like fun for the guys 1500 miles to the west through deep mountain snow. We checked a few out at the Parts Unlimited dealer show a few months ago.