Mx on the dale

POWER MAD MAN

#1 Post by POWER MAD MAN »

Who all still races some moto cross on the cannondale

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I did a couple years ago with some success. On my 478 I could never get traction though. I played with maps and even changed the cam degree setups a few times and I was always spinning. Also had issues with overheating when going flat out for more than 6-8 laps at high rpms.

My 450 mild engine hooked up everywhere though and was actually faster than the 478 since it didn't spin much. Still ran into overheating issues after a few laps though, but I ride in upper rpms at all times. I was using good radiators, heat shielding on oil lines with the upgraded oil line kits, etc.

The suspension and handling were fantastic, though all aftermarket, but I could never get past the overheating and frying batteries constantly.
They've been mostly parked for a couple years since besides riding around the neighborhood.

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

I think Timbo and TJ do.

dunnbandit1

#4 Post by dunnbandit1 »

I ride at the mx track at breezewood PA on practice days sometimes but I don't race mx.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Cannondales just cant make the power and have the suspension of the new 2019 Japanese machines. Plus they dont have factory backing like suzuki and honda these days.

Starquestjoe

#6 Post by Starquestjoe »

Yamaha is the only one making new sprot atvs. Every one else stopped years ago

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I know I was just pointing out the sad state of race quads.
Our local quad track switched to motorcycles and the circle track shut down.

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

It's much of the same where I'm at. Six tracks within 2hrs that allowed quads just 4yrs ago. There is only one left now and it's only on Thursdays, so riding is limited if you like tracks. There is no MX racing within 5hrs of me for quads nowadays.

r.porter

#9 Post by r.porter »

I still do but not as often as I would like do to working ( Bikes only).