I made it just in time for independance day.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

This is how our quads spent the last 3 years. The other ones are in pieces on the shelves. I have done nothing Cannondale related since the last world record engine build. I thought that would have motivated me but id did not. Work has just bummed me out although shooting, jetskiing and snowmobiles were about all Ive done since. Turning fifty and a stern talking to from my doc has helped get me off my arse.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

So I dug out my moto, installed a clean set of harley injectors ,new cyclone II intake,fuel filter ,changed oil,new battery found the plastics,and checked the air pressures in the shocks and tires. I made a commitment to have it running before the 4th of july. Tuesday it fired up and since it has been sitting on the grab bar all these years oil dripped down the sleeve ,out the valves and into the exhaust. Oh what a smoky rebirth for my neighbors to enjoy. Yesterday I took her out to the trails and had to relearn how to control the power of this beast. It took half an hour before I was back in the groove. Burned a couple gallons of gas . She needs a new tire and has a sticky front caliper but nothing major . Its good to be back . A happy 4th of july here.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Cover your eyes kids......Gratuitous but shot .

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

It's good to see the veteran Cannondale guys out still enjoying them.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

OLD TIMERS more like it . Back in my day we pulled a rope to start our machines. laugh.gif I just started putting miles on this old classic made in the USA .

Starquestjoe

#6 Post by Starquestjoe »

Glad to see you back at it again. I spent my 4 of july in the garage rebuilding a motor for my cannondale. Didnt get it finished but the motor is back in and will be riding her today

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

Glad to hear you're at it again. You think fifty is bad. Wait until you hit 60. Ugh.
And now I get calls from Medicare daily.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

I did start getting my AARP mail so I got that going for me. Who has senior citizen discounts on Cannondale stuff?

Imback

#9 Post by Imback »

I kind of wondered what happened to you I'm 49 but just recently bought a Cannondale ,although I wanted one since they were new. I remember seeing things about wistech years ago and also on YouTube.Got mine completely redone took it out the last time and the coil wire popped loose from the coil. Got that problem fixed and I'm going to take it for its first major ride tomorrow, but I'm also taking my two Can-Am 4X4s just in case.lol

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Imback @ Jul 6 2019, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kind of wondered what happened to you I'm 49 but just recently bought a Cannondale ,although I wanted one since they were new. I remember seeing things about wistech years ago and also on YouTube.Got mine completely redone took it out the last time and the coil wire popped loose from the coil. Got that problem fixed and I'm going to take it for its first major ride tomorrow, but I'm also taking my two Can-Am 4X4s just in case.lol

Well like I always say Cannondales must be earned. Its a learning process for everything with these machines. Although todays owners have the benefit that pretty much every problem they can have has been covered and dealt with so its just a matter of doing a bit of research or just asking.