I made it just in time for independance day.

Imback

#11 Post by Imback »

Took mine out for the first time today away from the house.Itactually did pretty good and impressed me but it has a weird habit of dying about every 15 minutes but immediately starts back up.I did a search on here and a few years ago you posted to take the relay out in front of the air filter and that fixed a lot of those problems??

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Yes intermittant stalling is always fun. The pesky relay . A shorted stator wires where they come out of the engine,loose fuel pump connector nuts are also culprits but the relay is number one for stalling and firing right back up.

Imback

#13 Post by Imback »

Ok, Thanks, I did quite a bit of searching and it looks like that could be the culprit. Immediately starts back up ,ran perfect other than that. I'll check the fuel pump connectors also .

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

When checking fuel pump terminals for tightness DO NOT have the connector plugged in while tightening the nuts or you will fry the fuel pump driver in the ecu. It has 12 volts on it and a wrench or test light will short it out against the pump housing. .

Imback

#15 Post by Imback »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jul 8 2019, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When checking fuel pump terminals for tightness DO NOT have the connector plugged in while tightening the nuts or you will fry the fuel pump driver in the ecu. It has 12 volts on it and a wrench or test light will short it out against the pump housing. .

Thanks,I didn't know that!!!

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Hundreds if not thousands of ecus have trashed by this since day one. Although when they fry the driver they will just turn the pump on permanently so it is still drivable but you need to pull the fuse or wire in a stop switch otherwise it will drain the battery . Nothing to be scared of just need to be aware of. Remove the relay first and try it out . A simple wiggle test on the fuel pump terminals will at least let you know if they are loose .

Imback

#17 Post by Imback »

Thanks just got home from work I'm going to go try that stuff.