Durablue axle PITA

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

My buddy Dave snapped his durablue axle on his yfz right at the sprocket hub and since he didnt have the original reciept they wouldnt warranty it. So he blew another $600 on another ebay durablue and what do you know they lost itin the mail. So they send another one. It comes in and what do you know it doesnt fit. The circlip groove was not machined deep enough , the splines on one hub end were not finish broached and one side of the shaft was not even finished before getting the plating.
SO he calls durablue and they insist this is absolutly not possible as they are the best axles ever made and it would never get through quality control. Just looking at the splines its easy to tell they were not cut deep enough but look at the finish . One side is smooth and glassy chrome the other side still has cnc rough cut marks. .Just sad.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

I have a never installed YFZ axle, it may even be a factory race axle, see if he is interested and I can dig it our and make some measurements,

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

What are you looking to get ? Is it a wider axle? I can let him know . I told him just get a refund and buy something else. PM me your phone or email. Thanks

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

SO he sent the axle back and ordered one from our local shop . Dang thing was exactly the same unfinished POS so that one is going back as well. KUMA do you still have that axle?

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jul 12 2019, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you looking to get ? Is it a wider axle? I can let him know . I told him just get a refund and buy something else. PM me your phone or email. Thanks

yes, PM sent with my cell number, send me a text and I'll get some measurements and pics of what I have.