New Cannondale Parts

haydug

New Cannondale Parts

#1 Post by haydug »

Ok guys, have talked with Brian at ATK, we need to put together a parts "wish" list if you will. What they are interested in knowing is exactly which parts we need now, so they can concentrate their efforts on getting those parts out. If you are needing a part post it here. I will send them a weekly list of the parts that are most wanted/needed.
We are not talking about spare parts here, as they will come readily available with time, what we are looking for is parts to get you guys running that are broke down.

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I'm on the hunt for gaskets. I've heard they were being reproduced(Maz), but don't know if it ever materialized. I know the side covers are done. But I'm talking about:
1. the 2 sleeve gaskets(side quad-ring and top)
2. the head gasket(custom shape, o-ring profile)
3. water pump gasket(square profile- the round one leaked on me brand new)
4. tranny cartridge plate gasket
5. crank cartridge plate gasket
6. gasket for the oil drain plug plate
7. all the o-rings throughout the motor
8. valve cover gaskets
9. exhaust crush washers

I'm currently looking for numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, & a side cover gasket. If anyone knows where they are available now, please pm me.

There's a start! I'm glad they're asking!! Thanks for picking up the ball ATK!
:usa

MXMIKE

#3 Post by MXMIKE »

I need axel berings and the threads that the lock nut for the axel screws on.

jcv440

#4 Post by jcv440 »

yeah, I've got a set of gaskets if you need them right away. I'm pretty sure Maz bought all the OEM gaskets left at the factory. I've got 10 sets of exhaust gaskets now also. And 2 side cover gaskets. Maz has the rest at his place.

new gasket kits are suppose to be shipping this week from the supplier. :drink:

ANd I'll have piston and liner kits by the middle of the September. 2 versions......lower compression, and stock compression, and a lighter piston/wristpin package! :head:

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

MXMIKE, your problem is easy, they use the same bearings as honda 400ex. But the seals are different so be careful when removing them. I am currently putting some carriers together to sell, I have some new carriers with no bearings, so I'm installing the lonestar doublerow bearings, but I'm also putting a grease fitting on the carrier. Hear is a picture of one.

As for gaskets, all I can say is let's pray that they get made soon, I am needing 2 kits myself.
On another note, I talked with a gentleman yesterday about building new cranks ALOT better than stock for the dales. He is very interested in doing it. I'm sending one out this week. Let's hope he can build us one. I know timbomoose still has some left, but they are going fast.

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by jcv440
yeah, I've got a set of gaskets if you need them right away.  I'm pretty sure Maz bought all the OEM gaskets left at the factory.  I've got 10 sets of exhaust gaskets now also.  And 2 side cover gaskets.  Maz has the rest at his place.  

new gasket kits are suppose to be shipping this week from the supplier.  :drink:    

ANd I'll have piston and liner kits by the middle of the September.  2 versions......lower compression, and stock compression, and a lighter piston/wristpin package!  :head:

I'll give up one of my side cover gaskets to Nrath, but he's gonna have to work it off shoveling dirt at the track:wow

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

lol,

I'll have a UPS load of parts coming Tuesday it looks like. I have 5 complete OEM gasket kits if anyone does need them. This does include one re-useable sidecover gasket. Ask Jay, they're sweeet! I can't wait to see the rest of the aftermarket gaskets. I'll be making some deals this weekend, I have 3 piston/sleeve kits left. I can already match the Wiseco Piston prices with a much higher quality piston(in my opinion anyway) but I'm looking to get the cost down even lower. I'll let you guys know what I come up with on Tuesday.

autox7

#8 Post by autox7 »

I am interested in this lower priced piston also. I am going to be dropping my motor this weekend anyway, so I might as well do all the work at one time.

Please give some more info when you receive it. Thank you.

CdaleRacer0128

#9 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by jcv440
lol,

I'll have a UPS load of parts coming Tuesday it looks like.  I have 5 complete OEM gasket kits if anyone does need them.  This does include one re-useable sidecover gasket.  Ask Jay, they're sweeet!  I can't wait to see the rest of the aftermarket gaskets.  I'll be making some deals this weekend, I have 3 piston/sleeve kits left.  I can already match the Wiseco Piston prices with a much higher quality piston(in my opinion anyway) but I'm looking to get the cost down even lower.  I'll let you guys know what I come up with on Tuesday.

do you have an anti tierod end and brake lines in that bunch too!? :hammer:

jcv440

#10 Post by jcv440 »

They should be at your door today ready for Sunday's race. :head: Let us know how ya do!