Food for thought...

Freakystone

Food for thought...

#1 Post by Freakystone »

No doubt Cannondale raised the bar on high performance atv's. Fuel injection, aluminum frame, hydraulic brakes, etc. etc. is technology not see in out of the box atv's before. Now the YFZ comes out and everyone talks about how technologically advanced it is. No doubt it is a fast azz quad but technologically advanced? What part? I for one tip my hat to Yammi though.

To my point... Is it possible that the release of the new YFZ did or will actually deter possible buyers of Cannondale's intellectual property because of the success of such a quad without an aluminum frame and without fuel injection?

Even if Cannondale was still in full production today, they would have to step up since the YFZ is at least seemingly better at most aspects that even the Moto is.

Any thought?

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Who said the YFZ is seemingly better? Maybe resale right now. I guess if someone gave me one thats what I would do with it so I could buy another Dale

Ryanstones

Let's see how that lightweight frame holds up

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

before saying the yfz is better. Isn't it safe to say the Cannon frame is the strongest ATV frame ever made?

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

It is costing us OVER $14,000 to make this "race ready" YFZ450 able to compete and we dont know how the frames will last. Even with the gusit kit that will be available from Walsh, you still have to buy it, install it and then paint it AND we still have to strip the quad down to do it.

Our Walsh/Dale was $12,000 new and the only thing we did was the 4 updates that cost us $300. plus labor. This quad has been easier to maintain with less problems than our 440 stroker EX and our Houser/ YZF426.

Freakystone

#5 Post by Freakystone »

Hey, Dont kill the messenger here guys. I am just asking. You know that if Dales were still in production, there would be a Moto vs. YFZ shootout. And as the Z400 proved, the YFZ would win all shootouts.

saleen_1

#6 Post by saleen_1 »

yamaha,yamaha,yamaha.what are you going to do when the the new honda comes out.it will be a better atv than the yamadog. but who cares.non cannondale section use it please.ill be buying the new honda when it comes out.but i wont be on here talking about it.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by MOTOWN
Dude did you see the new dirtwheels w/ the yz,z440 and predator shoot out. They picked the yz over a tricked z. Now you tell me that stock shocks fell better than Elkas? It is all hype to me.

Anyone remember the Cannibal vs. Z vs. EX shootout last year? The Z won for every reason except: power, suspension, disribution, tires, throttle response, etc. It suckered in a lot of people. I kind of laughed but ended up w/a KFX b/c I couldn't afford a Cannibal at the time. Money for advertising will make them say anything.

cannibalq8

#8 Post by cannibalq8 »

the yfz is good and fast quad we cant deny that. but cannondale is the best for me.

let's give that yfz a year then we will see how's is the reliabilty and what's the defects of the yfz

Finally i get my Southbay450 in home smile.gif))

GET READY YAMAHA FAN'S.. SouthbayDale450 is comin!!!

STICK WITH MY DALE FOR EVER!! HATE YAMAHA FOR EVER!!!

Freakystone

#9 Post by Freakystone »

Originally posted by saleen_1
yamaha,yamaha,yamaha.what are you going to do when the the new honda comes out.it will be a better atv than the yamadog. but who cares.non cannondale section use it please.ill be buying the new honda when it comes out.but i wont be on here talking about it.

Saleen, read the friggin' post before you biatch. This post belongs in this section. This post wasnt about Yami. Stop with the shots of George Dickle a minute and re-read it.

It was about the probable false hype about how technologically advanced the YFZ is being touted and how that probable false hype might lead so someone NOT buying the intellectual properties of Cannondale Motorsports.

Why you ask? Because at worst, the Yami and probably the Honda has proven yet again that although almuminum frames and fuel injection is great, marketing rules the roost.

The Jap manufacurers and Polaris were cringing when Cannondale made their splash. It didnt just raise the bar. The low technology 400EX raised the bar. The Dales set new rules of engagement. So when Cannondale finally went belly up, Honda and Yami and the rest let out a big sigh of relief because they knew that once again they could give us less than their best but marketing and hype would still sell boat loads of quads.

Dont you guys get the point of my post?

saleen_1

#10 Post by saleen_1 »

what success are you talking about,the bike has been out a month.give it time to break,its a yamaha.go out and buy you a bike and stop reading so many magazines.