Lets talk Honda's up coming Announcement.

Sandstorm

Lets talk Honda's up coming Announcement.

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

I 've been poking around trying to find out what the quad will have. I'm gonna say no aluminum frame. I say a CRF very very detuned motor in a 400ex frame w/ the basic crap shocks on the front.. I say big disappointment!!!smile.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I say it is going to be nothing but a info release with possibly a prototype.In other words I think it will be a year or more till it is out.

Freakystone

#3 Post by Freakystone »

I have seen a lot of rumors and the only one I like is the aluminum frame and I will be surprised if we see that. I think Honda's original plan was to give us a 400EX upgrade that would have power between the range of the Z400 and the Raptor. But Yamaha raised the bar and I think it sent Honda scrambling. I have heard from more than one source that Honda cannot get the power out of the CRF that Yamaha gets out of the YZF. Rumor, rumors.

At this point I dont know what to expect and I am not going to lose sleep over this announcement like I did a couple years ago only to learn that Honda was giving us some watercraft, scooters and a few new utilities. I have to admit that the new YFZ is sweet. But I would rather buy a Honda.

Ryanstones

announcement

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Yea Freaky, I was waiting by the computer for that announcement Sept of 01. Ready to buy an advanced sport quad from Honda.
What a disappointment. 2 weeks later i bought my Cannon and haven't been disappointed yet. biggrin.gif I don't expect to see a new machine for sale from them anytime soon.

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Sandstorm is very close wink.gif

Freakystone

#6 Post by Freakystone »

You are a celeb now Jeff. I saw them mention you in one of the recent atv mags. Can I have your digital autograph and I will buy you a virtual beer?

JeffQuadShop

#7 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Freakystone
You are a celeb now Jeff. I saw them mention you in one of the recent atv mags. Can I have your digital autograph and I will buy you a virtual beer?
Have a virtual chick I can use?

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

as long as its a honda it will compete.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

It's very ugly, not that a C-Dale is pretty. It got rezzy's on front, a carb and a steel frame, OH BOY!!!! I'm not impressed..:usa