Honda Missed...

Freakystone

Honda Missed...

#1 Post by Freakystone »

I posted this at Exriders but I figure they might lock it to delete it, so I am posting it here too...

I guess the jury is still out on the new TRX450R but it sure looks to me like the aimed for the YFZ and friggin missed. As far as the looks of it... I guess I am not really that vain when it comes to looks. I am going to get it dirty and break something on it anyways.

Are those Raptor/Z400 rear tires I see? No aluminum frame. No steel braided break lines? No electric start? Are we going backwards here? 350 lbs. and it does even have a battery and electric start?

It does look like it has front rezzies. What is a unicam?

What is the percentage of people that will buy this thing for racing verses the people who buy it for putzing?

But I think this sums it all up. This is also a new model release from Honda. http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevDream.html

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

WOW!! What a dream! It is almost as big a let down as this link.
http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevTRX450R.html#

And some people are selling their dales, for the new Honda. :cheers:

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Sad that you can buy a brand new Blaze for that now ($6499) - and people will still buy that Honda. Is everyone blind of the thousands of dollars of components the 'Dales already have that this bike doesn't? Shocks? Aluminum frame? Nerfs? Hand guards? Electric start? Fuel Injection? Good tires?

I'll be happy to embarass a few of these this coming summer.

Anyone think they will have removeable front fenders? If you could, and you were colorblind, you would never know that thing from the new Arctic Cat.

Has Honda ever done anything first? They are conservative, no doubt. What fun is that?

Still happy to have a 'Dale that I paid 2 grand less for that has a better..... everything. Hehe smile.gif

TricityCdale

#4 Post by TricityCdale »

Amen to that. They definately missed. According to the Honda site it only has 8.4" of front wheel travel! I know a lot of people were whining about not having a kick starter, but I can tell you I would rather quit eating twinkies and lose ten pounds than have to kick over a 4 stroke all the time.

I love my Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

Give me a break! Quoted from Honda below.

"Desert, woods, track??????????????????the all-new TRX450R doesn't care where it's going to dominate. It just will, thanks to its incredibly potent package featuring a CRF450R-derived engine and Pro-Link suspension. Quite simply, there has never been a higher-performing sport ATV anywhere."

And so what do you call all Dales including the Moto and Blaze? What about the GasGas Wilds as well?

justfine

hold up!!!!

#6 Post by justfine »

The Dream 50R is the shizznittt my nizzzzaaa........I wish I had they money to blow. I would have it.:head:

Speed03

#7 Post by Speed03 »

Thats for those that missed out on gettin 03 Harley!! lol you got to have one those in your garage if you didnt get a FAT Boy in 03.. Mine **** garage has to many toys in it to have room for a 50cc honda basket of parts! Now if someone gave me that '04 45OR, I do think that would make a good practice bike if you threw in another 2 grand in shocks and thousand in wheels in tires. What do you guys think?????

Dan

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

The NSR 50?That is cool.Peaked my interest way more than the quad.Only thing I give them credit for is hiring Tim Farr.The rest of the quad was either a wimpy(lack of power)or cheap nothing new.nothing really hightech.The dirtbikes get all the good stuff and Honda is making the quad guys jump hoops for performance once again:mad: