help me southbay riders

cannibalq8

help me southbay riders

#1 Post by cannibalq8 »

hi

didnt want to start directly... i re-calibrate many many time. the fuse damage 2 time... call optimum and check the reads of everything..just once it work 45 min then its stop suddenly many many time and hard starting. but now it didnt want to work and the battery is died (i bought it new yesterday ) (((((((((((((

IM VERY DISAPPINTED ..GUYS ..PLEASE HELP ME

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Mine is at my dealer. When I find out whay they did I will pass it along.. Should have it tomorrow..

cannibalq8

#3 Post by cannibalq8 »

it also backfiring and popping while it run ( after many many hard starting )..... im waiting for reply ..sandstorm sad.gif((

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

It sounds like fuel injection settings. I am guessing by your popping that the bike is running lean. I had a similar problem with the regular motor. After spending about an hour on the phone with scooter from optimum I figured it all out. If you guys need a hand let me know.

cannibalq8

#5 Post by cannibalq8 »

i called scooter yesterday and we checked everything . ( i have the dm tool kit ). he told me that everthing is ok ( no problem with the setting ).i think the the mixture fuel/air is wrong ( it seems that the air is going more that the fuel or the fuel is not enogh ) could be the fuel filter ??

i heard that two words many time here ( lean and rich ) .. what's the meaning ( lean and rich )??

tjanx

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Lean means not enough fuel for the amount of air.

Rich means the opposite, too much fuel for the amount of air.

Backfiring as you described usually indicates a lean condition, from what I have read.

Hope this helps.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah you are running lean. Did scooter explain how to adjust the settings so you can make the mixture richer? That is what you need to do.

jake1981

#8 Post by jake1981 »

This may sound stupid, and it did when it was the problem on my Cannibal. Check and replace the voltage regulator. Mine kind of did the same thing and it was a bad voltage regulater. Also check all your grounds.

cannibalq8

#9 Post by cannibalq8 »

i increase the inj offset as scooter told me and still no change ...very hard starting and if start still backfire and stop suddenly

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

My dealer didn't get to my motor yet. I'll be calling on Monday..