helped foil quad theft ring

4punksdad

helped foil quad theft ring

#1 Post by 4punksdad »

Early today, while riding quads with my son I came across 2 quads in the woods with nobody around. Very odd. One was a new YFZ 450 and the other was underwater & upside down. I thought that the 2 guys had crashed the one bike and went looking for help. Why they didn't ride the second bike for help I don't know. I raced home to get my camera. When I got back, one of my neighbors had found the bikes and was trying to free the quad in the water. Here is a pic.

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

Wow. What quad was in the water exactly?

4punksdad

#3 Post by 4punksdad »

anyway...........I helped him free the quad which turned out to be a suzuki z-400. The YFZ450 was white and red. A pic of the suzuki is below.

so we agree to leave the 2 quads there, but I snatch the key out of the suzuki. The YFZ had no key with it. That was around 1pm today. Between 1pm and 8pm I made about 4 trips into the woods to see if the quads were still there. Each time, they were still there. Finally I decide that something isn't right, so I call the cops.
They came out and I took them to the quads. When we get there, we find 5 guys all making seperate plans to make off with the quads. 3 of the 5 guys claim they saw 2 MORE guys trying to obtain the quads and said the 2 missing guys admitted to having flipped the suzuki. I later found those 2 guys in a van less than 1 mile away and put the cops on their trail. The cops pulled their van over before I lost interest and came inside. Thats a total of 7 shady characters in the woods. They all have shifty stories...........and I have ridden with 90% of them on in the past. I hope the cops can sort out the BS and find out which 2 really ripped off the quads,,,,,,,,,,,but they all had ill intentions as far as I am concerned.

nothing worse than a common thief.............good deed for the day completed.:drink:

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Awesome!

I had a friend get a 400EX stolen recently and I had just picked up my Wolverine the week before. If not, it would have been gone too!

Great Job 4Punks, ya caught 7! :clap:

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

Hey 4punks. You mind if I post this picture at Z400Central? A guy posted a pic of a white Z looking like that one stolen in Virginia about a week or so ago. Might be his or maybe not, but worth a shot.

4punksdad

#6 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Hey 4punks. You mind if I post this picture at Z400Central? A guy posted a pic of a white Z looking like that one stolen in Virginia about a week or so ago. Might be his or maybe not, but worth a shot.

please do.........it has razor rears, holeshot fronts, ac front bumper, nerfs, aluminum skid plate, aftermarket exhaust, stock (bent) rear grab bar, rockymountain atv stickers.

Freakystone

#7 Post by Freakystone »

Great post and pics 4Punk. Quad theives should be casterated and had the bare butts super glued to pink huffy's with banana seats.

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Freakystone
Great post and pics 4Punk. Quad theives should be casterated and had the bare butts super glued to pink huffy's with banana seats.

ohmy.gif I wonder how many folks even remember the banana bikes ohmy.gif

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
ohmy.gif  I wonder how many folks even remember the banana bikes ohmy.gif

I've got one out in the barn. biggrin.gif

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

Great Job!!
Now come to Ohio (with a big match) and let's find the thieves around here. Actually one was found deader than a doornail last week, seems he OD'd. What a shame. biggrin.gif