Flooding problem with Cannibal

jake1981

Flooding problem with Cannibal

#1 Post by jake1981 »

This is a '03 Cannibal, stock motor with FMF ti-system, K&N air filter.

Problem with my Cannibal
Big Winkey and Scooter from Optimum are aware of this problem with my Cannibal that i'm experiencing. For those that aren't read on and see if you can help me. If you have questions or anything pm me or email.

Well, i checked the clearance on my valves last week, put my motor back in, went to the dunes last weekend. Rode Friday and bike ran awesome. Saturday went for a ride, bike sputtered spat and turned off. No wierd smoke, no overheating, engine and tranny oil checked fine. Bike didn't want to start. Back at camp I check my plug, it was really flooded. Looked in my cylinder through spark plug hole and there was fuel inside the cylinder. Also there was fuel training out of my exhaust head pipe where the silencer meets the headpipe on the FMF system. So I re-mapped my bike, all the setting on the monitor screen were fine. I leaned it out with the mapping and the same problem happened. So, the bike will start fine if you unplug the fuel pump and crank the motor, when all the fuel is out the bike starts, then you quickly plug the fuel pump back in and the bike runs and idles and everything. It will actually run good, excepts after a little ride it dies again and runs like crap.

Anyways, back at the shop I took the airbox off, got to what I was needing to look at. Jim from Fab along with Scooter from Optimum both told me to check my injectors, so I checked them out and they are working fine, meaning when the power is off they are not leaking fuel or anything. I can look down into the intake spout on the cylinder housing and see that they are squirting fuel when the bike is being cranked over.

Also, yesterday when I was working on it I noticed that instead of just fuel coming out of my exhaust its also mixed with engine oil. Scooter mentioned that it may because the fuel is cleaning the inside of the cylinder and oil is coming out as well.

So we're coming to some conclusions with both Scooter and Jim that there is something either wrong with my computer, maybe it got reset or something when I hooked up the battery when I checked my valves. I don't think it's the injectors, maybe fuel pump. The sleeve most likely is not cracked as there is no oil in the anti-freeze. Mind you that the bike runs strong when it does run, just keeping it running is the hard part. I can run it fast, then slow down putt around and it floods itself out.

Does anybody have any solutions. I will aslo post this on other threads and forums to see if somebody can figure this out. PM or email me too if you need to. Heck, call me even if you want. 425-246-5983 I need to get this thing fixed. The easy solution would be to just put a carb on it, but that's not available yet. Soon enough though. Please hurry Jim.

Thanks for your help Scooter and Jim

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Did you get your problem fixed yet??

jake1981

#3 Post by jake1981 »

Yeah I put a buddies computer in my bike and now it runs fine. With a new plug too. So I'm having mine re-hex coded and it hopefully will be fine.