possible eBay scam

acarli3

possible eBay scam

#1 Post by acarli3 »

There are a couple of "Cannondale Walsh Pep ATV" on eBay right now. I contacted the seller for more information as they were priced way too low. Here is what I got. Also, this bike is listed 2 times under different sellers. The pictures are the same, item description uses the same lines/phrases etc. although they are under different users. Here is the response I got from "kurtjason".

Hello there,

My name is Roger Chester and i am glad you are interested on my
ATV .Well,i have to let you know the ATV is in a
perfect condition.The ATV will be
shipped from Milano/Italy,from here I will pay the shipping taxes,insurance
and handling via FedEX Air Service and you will receive the ATV within 3 days tops.
The price I hope to obtain is 3800 USD and if you agree with this
price we can start to complete the transaction.The payment must be done
using a bank deposit or money order.I prefer money order because in this
way i will ship the ATV in the same day you make the
payment.The inspection period for it is 30 days.
If you agree with these terms,let me know and i will be more than glad
to start to complete the transaction with you.

I am waiting your email,

Regards,
Roger Chester

All the earmarkings of a scam!

Jammer72

#2 Post by Jammer72 »

One Word "SCAM":hammer:

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Agreed! Anyone alert Ebay yet? :hammer:

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Scam! :wow I've been having trouble w/Ebay as well though. Somebody bought nearly a dozen items w/out me knowing under my user name! Ebay's been cool about it though and it's being straightened out. Anybody else have anything like that happen to them?

acarli3

#5 Post by acarli3 »

Here is the repsonse I got from sixx137. Also clearly a scam:

Hello there,
My name is Sean Waddell and I am glad you are interested in my Cannondale.
I am currently in Italy where me and my partner supplied capital for the purchase of a bankrupt stores stock.
If you are in Italy you can come and pick up here otherwise the atv will be shipped to you and I will cover all the shipping costs and insurance.
You will not have to pay additional taxes, only the price for it.
The atv will be shipped with FeDex Air Service and you will receive it within 4 days tops. FeDEx will deliver the atv at your door.
Another option is to ship it via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured. This way it will take 72 hours until you will have it at your door.
The price is $6500 with shipping costs and insurance.
Payment must be done through money order and as soon the payment is confirmed, the atv will be shipped. You will have 15 days money back quarentee.
If you agree with these terms, we can start to complete the transaction.
I will apreciate a faster answer from your part.
Best Regards

acarli3

#6 Post by acarli3 »

What sucks is that people are actually bidding on these quads. Sixteen potential victims to be eact so far on one. Someone is going to lose a lot of money and I feel pwerless to stop it from happening. I have noticed several "deals" like this as of late as well and eBay has caught several of them and removed the listing. I noticed only one of the 2 quads I referred to remains and that one quad was relisted today now under item # 2440732324 where the item number just this morning for this quad was #2440521148. They know we are on to them so they end early and quickly relist to throw us off. Whats interesting is that the old item # shows the quad as having been sold!

fourwhls

#7 Post by fourwhls »

I was just coming on this web site to post the same information. I only went a little further a strung him on one more email.

Here's a copy of the emails between him and I:

To member: kurtjason
From member: fourwhls

--------------------

Where are you located???

Roger Chester wrote:
Hello there,

My name is Roger Chester and i am glad you are interested on my
ATV .Well,i have to let you know the ATV is in a
perfect condition.The ATV will be
shipped from Milano/Italy,from here I will pay the shipping taxes,insurance
and handling via FedEX Air Service and you will receive the ATV within 3 days tops.
The price I hope to obtain is 3800 USD and if you agree with this
price we can start to complete the transaction.The payment must be done
using a bank deposit or money order.I prefer money order because in this
way i will ship the ATV in the same day you make the
payment.The inspection period for it is 30 days.

I am waiting your email,

Regards,
Roger Chester

Shawn Lambert wrote:
What happened to the ad on ebay??? I went back to look at it tonight and it is gone. I am interested in the bike. Did you sell it already???

Roger Chester wrote:
Hi ,

Look, I just stop the auction for guy from Chicago and now he told me
that he is not anymore interested, because his wife wanted other ATV!!!It
is still available.Email me your full name and adress for the ship and
then I'll email to you my name and adress for the wire transfer.

I am on-line all day long!!

Shawn Lambert wrote:
You are a worthless piece of ****!!!!

This Cannondale is located in Hampton, VA and belongs to a good freind of mine.

I would really love to come by and personally pick up this scam that you have come up with. I would leave you with a good *** kicken', you low life scum.

Ebay has been notified and I will post your name and intentions on each and every ATV page on the web. Its people like you that make this world such a wonderful place.

KYmxracer52

#8 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I had an encounter like the rest of you. I saw an awesome 250R on there a couple weeks ago. I emailed the guy for more info and got bogus responses. First, I asked where he was located. He just copied all the desciption of the bike he had on ebay and emailed that back as a response. Then, I asked who built the bike and what class he raced(he said he was getting too old). The response that time was he is in Austria, that he had to sell the bike in 3 days to buy a new car he ordered.:confused: So we emailed a couple more times, still no answer to any of my questions. That last email I got from him was that he had notified Ebay about our deal and that all I had to do was send the money order and it would be shipped to me. So i sent him another one and let him know what a bullsh***er he is and that I'd never buy a quad with what little information he gave me. I never got another response from him.

Must be a whole ring of scammers working together.

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

We have a new one.

Ebay Scam

Definite scam. I think people are stealing passwords and doing this under other peoples Ebay names. This guy has bought and sold everything smooth he sold everything from a city in Florida - next thing you know he has a Cannondale listed for sale from Portugal? :shock: - ID theft, it's real.

If anyone knows how to report this to Ebay it would be great of you. Thanks.

acarli3

#10 Post by acarli3 »

This is getting really bad on ebay. The first give-away that its a scam is that the auction asks that you send an email to be placed on their approved bidder list. This wasy they have a way to contact you and try to sell it outside of ebay 100 times over if they can. Here is another letter I got when I asked to be put on the bidders list:

Hello there,

My name is James Scalke and i am glad you are
interested on my ATV.I must tell you that i have in my possesion the clean title of the bike and all the papers that you will need to register the atv in your country.I have to let you know the atv is in a perfect condition .

First of all i want to make you known the terms and conditions of this auction.
The product will be shipped via FedEx Portugal, the best shipping service in Portugal and you will receive the bike in 3 days...maybe 4 days tops.
They will deliver the atv at your shipping address.
The price we hope to obtain is 4000$ and if you agree
with this price we can start to complete the transaction.
The payment must be done using a bank deposit or money order.
I will provide you 15 days money back guarantee. That means that within 15 working days if you decide that you don't want to keep it for whichever reason, you'll ship it back to me and you'll get the full amount back.
I am waiting your email,
Best Regards,
James Scalke

Again, FedEx and UPS do NOT ship anything over 150 lbs and it would have to be 1/3 the size of an ATV. Anything of this size must be shipped through a carrier. Also, never send money overseas without lots of investigative work first as you will NEVER see it our your merchandise again. Our government does not have the resources to pursue these crimes. You will be SOL.