Dropped my 1st motor

OCR

Dropped my 1st motor

#1 Post by OCR »

Just got done taking my motor out and getting it ready to be sent to Haydug for all sorts of things to get done. Definetly wasnt as bad or as scary as I thought it would be. Only 4 1/2 hrs:rolleyes:

I noticed I have a black valve cover... is it safe to say this is the Magnesium one w the powdercoating done to it?

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Safe to say alright. Let us know how it looks.
It took me about 4.5 the first time too.
:clap:

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Hmmmm, black valve cover, factory oil update, square exhaust, but it is an 02 model, WITH the good cases. I think you got a rear GEM there. Don't want to sell it cheap do ya??? biggrin.gif

OCR

#4 Post by OCR »

Originally posted by haydug
Hmmmm, black valve cover, factory oil update, square exhaust, but it is an 02 model, WITH the good cases. I think you got a rear GEM there. Don't want to sell it cheap do ya???    :D

Not a chance Doug... I am happier w this quad than I was even w my 250R.

saleen_1

#5 Post by saleen_1 »

wow! you must be happy.im having a hard time making that transition to a four stroke.

bknight

#6 Post by bknight »

I am happier w this quad than I was even w my 250R

me to 250r 1986 to 10-03 love this thing

trx250r2nv

#7 Post by trx250r2nv »

Originally posted by OCR
Not a chance Doug... I am happier w this quad than I was even w my 250R.

I'll second that. My Dale is faster and much less fatigueing to ride than my R was. The only thing I liked better about the R was handleing and it will bwe easy to make my Cannible outhandle my old R.

Thanks.
Jeremy :head:

EuroGOD

Re: dropped motor

#8 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by azdave
is there anything one should do to prevent problems or is just best to pull the motor and send it out to sb????  thanks.
azdave:cool:

That is one option, however there are now many others...
As far as engine updates go, there is 2 that you should consider.
#1 Cartridge plate bolts
#2 Crank ballancing
These updates have been covered many a time and the prices are becoming more realistic every day...
Take a look around, the 450 450 450 thread is a good start.

As for preventative updates:
The engine mount kit will stop you from breaking the engine case, if jumping is your thing.
The oil hose routing will stop the dreaded "puking"
Making sure that your left injector wiring is well away from the throttle body cam will ensure that the throttle doesn't get stuck open :eek:

There is a few others, and they can be found here

As for where to find these kits, you will see them, and more as you read through the various postings here.....Enjoy!

WEJER

#9 Post by WEJER »

Sounds like fun....I am trying to decide if I want to spend the $$$$ or do it myself:clap: