Moto vs 450R

Bags

Moto vs 450R

#1 Post by Bags »

I had the chance to witness the races today in Okeechobee, FL.

There were 12 racers in the pro atv class racing a MX style track. The #1 rider was on a 450R and the #2 rider was on a stock Moto. It seemed that they were pretty equal and left the rest of the riders behind. The 450R had a pipe, jet kit, and K&N done to it and took the holeshot everytime over the shees and 250r's. I am thinking he changed his sprockets as well. The moto would be in 5th place until the jumps and he would pass up to 2nd. I am kinda amazed by that 450R and at the same time hoping that I will be able to beat him. I think that if the moto had just a little more engine he could take him out of the turns. I should get my motor back from Diamond Racing this week and I am going to try to get it ready for this coming weekend and tear that 450R a new one. Anyone raced a 450R with a SB450 or any other cannondale? Any tips to get ahead of that 450R?

Frank

:usa

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

was it the new honda or a hybrid.my stock dale was very competetive with all the hybrid 450 and the only ones that had any advantage were highly modded.baldwin built some really fast ones.i havent had my sb prepped dale at a national yet other than lorettas ( i wrecked in practice ruining the weekend) but have no problem pulling away from them at the local tracks though these arent as highly modded i would say.i think at the nationals i will be much more comparable to the more highly modded 450's than before and same goes for the new trx seeing its basically the same motor

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

I dunno ... but nobody has ridden a 450r yet except a few magazines, Honda, and Farr .... they aren't at any dealerships yet... so I'm guessing you saw a hybrid.

Bags

#4 Post by Bags »

This was the new 450R. The guy that was running it also drives a new hummer. It seemed that he is the only one that can afford to get one right now around here and then mod it all up.

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

I thought the 450R wasn't available for sale to the general public until January.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

It isn't - maybe that was Tim Farr - I was told there is a "Quad Olympics" down there - maybe he was getting ready :confused:

Dunno but that is the only guy in the country that would have one right now.

4punksdad

#7 Post by 4punksdad »

the dealership that I ordered my 450R from (and 2 others that quoted me prices) claimed that they would take delivery of their first 450R in December. Every dealer in the country is supposed to get ONE in December. One dealer told me I could buy his December machine "for a premium" or wait until his full shipment arrives in January. I elected to wait since I am not suffering from a shortage of quads to ride.:deal:

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

I follow ATV Connection forums very closely and they have over 40 thousand members, not one of them has seen their 450R yet and many have been told the original shipment has been delayed until January at their dealerships. Many of those dealerships are charging over sticker for their first couple and you can get on the list for one at sticker but might not see it until mid-February... or later...

This sounds like something Yamaha would do...

These things are turning out to be like finding a "Tickle-Me-Elmo" .....

00Honda400EX

#9 Post by 00Honda400EX »

I was just at my local Honda dealer not to long ago and they told me they were getting 2 in december and 3 in january. All of them were sold already.

oldsandman

#10 Post by oldsandman »

Just got a call from my Honda dealer. First delivery (1) will be 12/31/03 next shipment (2) not expected untill feb '04 then (4) in march '04.