What would you guys buy if available??

aroracer72

What would you guys buy if available??

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

Hi guys, my dad wants to start making titanium a-arms and axles..and maybe even swing arms....but im tying to see what we would like/want. I have a poll, so just vote..or post something if i left anything out that you think would be a good idea.
CHAD

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

I am not sure of the properties of titanium other than it is a tough sob. I guess I would say either skids or a-arms would be good for me.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Titanium axles are allready available.

I might be interested in a-arms if the cost was not outrageous. After feeling the weight of Winky's titanium shock bolts, I would think the a-arms would be 30-40% lighter than chromoly and probably stronger.

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

yeah,
my dad is very serious about the TI a-arms and axles. Theyd be lighter then everyother arm available..and be twice as strong...AND it will flex slightly....we can determine that with different thickness/diameter tubing. We even have a name already....adn ohh..these will cost the same/less then normal steel..chromoly and other arms/axles.......does this sound like a winner???...and the name i thought of was TI-ON.......standing for titanium only. This ain me dreaming..my dad is REALLY serious about it.
CHAD

aroracer72

#5 Post by aroracer72 »

also....i have a spare sheet of semithin aluminum... (.125 thickness) to be exact. I think im gonna make a custom airbox..or the tray that holds the ECU....i wanna make it so it will have the ECU enclosed in a removable water/air sealed compartment..so no more gumbed up ECU unit or stuff....and it will have removable sides for the 250r kits/ full bore...so you can have an easy switch..and still be sealed either way..im not talking about mass producing this airbox...but for fun..think that weoul be cool???
CHAD

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

ii know titanium axles are already available..but for 800 dollars??....thats high....although titanium is expensive..now that expensive though...these will be close to normal steel axles....extimated price of these axles would be 450-500...with the hubs and sprocket/disc holder. And were gonna use a different way of mounting the hubs. On ebay there was a cool keyed hub mount idea..were thinking of something close to that. But we dont wanna steel any bodies ideas. Sounds like the arms are a good idea??...they arnt gonna be expensive...DEFINATELY no more then normal LT amrs...were prolly gonna only make LT amrs...and maybe some non-LT..depends..im gonna start doing surveys and polls to see whats most wanted... prolly be like 1-2 hundred $ cheaper then average arms...LT arms. And this might even include PC'ing. This is a concept and idea in progress..and ill be a tester..and maybe some others...if it ever happens. Im just researching....lol..im the R&D.
CHAD

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Bring me a set to the group ride, I'll test them for you:D

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

I'll tell you this much. You get that on the market and you'll be two things. One rich person and a racers best friend. If you can do what you're saying for the price then count me in on quite a few things starting w/a-arms. I'd gladly sell my Eyeballs for a Ti set right now.

Holeshot36

#9 Post by Holeshot36 »

If you could sell the arms and even axle and sell them for the price you said and proved there quaility and would last you got you yourself a goldmine. Make some units for certain testers to try like atv sport and make them available for popular sport quads also. I would buy some in the future. Just my 2cents:deal:

aroracer72

#10 Post by aroracer72 »

I dont know if we'll have a set complete by then. Yes, the price will be absolutely no higher then average LT arms. Since theyyll probably be first versions...or prototypes...ill give who ever wants a set...a set..for like just the price of materials...maybe 1 or 2 of you will get them for free....no promises though......ill try my darndest though...we need a jig though..and a welder. They may even be PC'd. Ill keep you guys posted,
P.S
this ISNT a joke like some of my friends think.
CHAD