250r vs cannondale

pdavis

#1 Post by pdavis »

depends what you would consider a "stock" dale, anything that you could have bought from a dealer?
if you are talking about XC a stock blaze is better than a stock 250r, better power, better suspension,
MX a stock moto is better than a stock 250R
it just depends what you are considering as a stock cannondale,
the dale with the least amount of mods from the factory was the cannible, and in my opinion they are better than the 250R, the one thing i do like about the 250R is lower seat and narrow riding position

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

250r also had a lower ride height stock for stock though a Cannondale Canibal has way more power than a 250r.Handling and fatigue wise 250r has the edge for sure.There are definitly times when I miss my R.

Motoman440

#3 Post by Motoman440 »

I owned a Moto and now own a 250R. I never had the Moto on an MX track so I can't speak much about that but I know in the woods I could smoke my buddies riding 400 EX's etc. Literally to the point it would make them mad!!! I was loven that too!!! I can't do that on my R. I will say the Cannondale is the best quad as far as handling and power I have ever ridden. I have ridden and owned 400 EX's, LTZ 400, Predator, 250R, Raptor and Banshee and none of these bikes, in my opinion, held water to the Dale when it comes to handling and power. I love riding my R but it ain't no dale. I would still have my Moto but got power hungry and had it sent off for port n polish. When I got the head back there wasn't a gasket kit to be found. I sold out and wish I never would have done that. Live and learn I guess.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

That's a sad story man.... seriously .... :cry:

I hope you get another one soon!

saleen_1

#5 Post by saleen_1 »

huh,i rode a cannibal for two months.just cant make that four stroke transition.i love my 250r.i have a brand new 03 speed with sbm 450 kit,stage 4.may be for sale real soon.

Drew

#6 Post by Drew »

I just switched from a 250r to a Cannondale that have pretty much the same suspension (Elka) and so far I was alot faster on the r in the woods. It was narrower in the middle and more predictable sliding in the bends. I like the power better on the dale. I need some more seat time on the dale to be sure - but for GNCC racing so far I would pick the R.

saleen_1

#7 Post by saleen_1 »

yeah,both great bikes cant go wrong with either one.:head:

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

If I am reading the original post correctly, you state the R has stock suspension. If this is right then the Dale would be the better Handler hands down.

jfarrar

#9 Post by jfarrar »

i switched from a highly modded 250r to a dale.of course the handling was different but now that i got the dale set-up equally as well i turn much better laptimes on it.the dale didnt feel as fast at first but on the stopwatch it showed.quite a large margin to.i like the dale much better as i dont get nowhere near as much fatigue racing it.i love my r's and raced them for yrs but they just dont hook up and pull like the dale can.i feel as i can still corner faster on the r but now with the r conversion on the dale that will probably change to.

USAMoto00

#10 Post by USAMoto00 »

Farrar, you'd turn fast lap times on my lawn mower. I've never had an R, but I can attest to what J is saying. When I first met J he had his R and the C-dale. You could see the difference in his speed plain as day, but he still swore he was faster on the R. How did we ever get you to believe us? I can't remember to be honest.