do they make an aftermarket frame for a cdale motor?

THUNDERFOOT

do they make an aftermarket frame for a cdale motor?

#1 Post by THUNDERFOOT »

hey, my dad called houser racing today to see if they had a frame or a rolling frame with all the goodies for the cdale motor. and he said no to call tomoro and ask for jeff to know anyone who did. do you guys know of a company that still makes aftermarket frames? i got the motor i just need everything else.

help is appreciated.

thanx

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

I've never heard of anyone making any aftermarket frame for a Cannondale - they weren't needed because stock was both very strong and lightweight.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Check E-bay for frames they are always popping up there and pretty cheap too.

pdavis

#4 Post by pdavis »

a stock frame is WAY cheaper than an aftermarket, the aftermarket goes in the 1000's of dollars

THUNDERFOOT

#5 Post by THUNDERFOOT »

kool thanx for the advice

Gibson400ex

#6 Post by Gibson400ex »

no they do not have a aftermarket frame for a cannondale.

CAAD is the people who make the chassis for the cannondale motor.

if you were to try to make a frame for a cannondale it would be mad hard to do even for a compnay like houser or walsh.

You see how the cannondale frames are different from all the toher frames it is because of the motor....... the cannnondale frame looks like the crf450 d-bike frame almost.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Gibson400ex

CAAD is the people who make the chassis for the cannondale motor.

Cannondale built all their frames. CAAD is the software used to make it properly (I THINK)biggrin.gif smile.gif

candyassmiler

#8 Post by candyassmiler »

nice use of the literary device we call an analogy. couldnt think of a better way to explain if i had to.

OCMANJOE

#9 Post by OCMANJOE »

im sure he is thinking of maybe a chromoly frame but with how the dales are setup there would be no way to make an aftermarket one since the oils in the frame and all the hookups on the frame. The stock one could really be considered aftermarket since there is so much technology into it. CAAD is the way they made the frame the first two letters are for Computer Aided. Definatly check out ebay i see frame on there for around 500 bux. Id like to take a dale frame one day and throw a different motor in there just because i love how that frame it. Good luck and let us know when your project is done.

LRD 400ex

#10 Post by LRD 400ex »

While we're on the topic of aftermarket frames.. what is the term "no link" for with an aftermarktet frame?