history of cannondaleriders.com

cdalepilot

history of cannondaleriders.com

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

i was just wanting a history lesson of this great forum. when was it started and by whom ? i noticed that '' rustyfeasel'' who joined on 9-8-2000 which was way before anybody else had joined . was this a split off of cannondaler? i also noticed that mr. ''rustyfeasel'' is a regional sales manager for dinli usa ,very intriguing ? any really senior members out there ? feel free to give me the lowdown of this wonderful site . no bs ,just the well known facts!:usa

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I can give you a little history, others probably know more about the early days.

Forum started Oct. 22, 2002 by Ben

Ben was the owner of EXriders at the time and started this site as a sister site to EXriders.

Haydug purchased the site sometime last summer, July I think.

BTW: I don't know how Rusty's join date got set to 2000, but I'm pretty sure he just joined a few months ago.

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

thanks jaybr, now was this site started before or after cannondaler.com ?:usa

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

This should have been around the same time. Both Ben and JSchner saw the need to have a Cannondale site for riders. Jschners is more angled to all cannondale's where as this site is aimed more towards the quad guys. Not that we don't like the bike guys or anything. That is just how it played out. I have been a member pretty much since the start. I enjoy both forums I think it gives a well rounded view of what the quads are and what they can be.

So how come the questions as to who was first?

This site was not a spring off of Cannondaler if that is what you were thinking.

pdavis

#5 Post by pdavis »

hey armocks, my quad is faster than yours :confused:

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I actually heard of exriders, and visited it regularly after becoming a member. I worked at a cannondale dealership, and they actually told me about this site. I buy and sell alot of atv's and at one point last year, exriders posted about buying a bike for a project, and I responded with a deal they couldn't pass up. Later, Ben aproached me about purchasing this site, knowing my love for the cannondales and the rest is history.
Also, I must THANK Jaybr for helping with this site, he donates all of his time and knowledge to better this site for all of us. Now, if I can get him to teach how to turn these computers on, maybe I can help him some more.
I also want to thank Ryanstones, who in the beginning kinda swayed my vote on the original purchase. I ended up talking to him until like 2 am about this site, and what we could do to make it better.
I think you will find that all of our moderators here as very knowledgeable about the cannondale in general, and are more than happy to help any member with any problems. Also, the members here are great as well.
I think everyone will like what the future holds for this site, as I am going to get into testing products this year, and trying to get race results posted with some pictures after each GNCC, or GNC event.

cheetah5431

#7 Post by cheetah5431 »

If I remember correctly the idea for the site started a long time ago on exriders. A large amount of people had sold their 400exs for cannondales and it seemed like each day someone else would have one over there. With all the new people on cannondales the Non-Honda and Open forums were full of cdale topics. Eventually these people kept asking Ben to make a site for cannondales too seeing as there was a lack of them already. The Z/KFX had Z400central, honda had exriders, and of course yami had bluetraxx, but there was nothing for cannondales. So Ben made this site and the rest has already been explained. I think I registered on like the first or second day, but never had a cdale until a few months ago so I rarely visited.

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

thanks haydug, this is a awesome forum! ''derno ''the reason i asked who was first i thought it was odd that rustyfeasel was shown to have joined in 9-8-2000,; i didnt start hearing the rumors of the fx400 until early in 2000 and know one rode one until around june 2000 according to articles i have read and the fx400 wasnt released to the public until around the end of 2000 or early 2001 . then the recalls happened ect. ect. anyway thanks for everything cdalers.:usa p.s i bet i have close to every article ever written on the cdales. if anybody cares?:wow

Ryanstones

Great topic Pilot!

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

I was so stoked about this new site, i started PM'ing all the regulars at the ATVconnection/Cannondale forum and promptly got myself banned for it. LOL.

I used to go to ThumperTalk and lurk and occasionally Cannondaler, but at the time they seemed very 2wheel oriented. After the bankruptcy, seemed to me like 'daler got much busier and more open to quad guys too.

Uh, Doug, don't be blamin me for this bill you gotta pay everymonth! Doug impressed me from the start with his commitment to the machine and his courage in stepping out on his own, buying this site, overcoming adversity, and always having a positive attitude. Dude is a straight shooter!

Though there have been some complaints lately about excessive silliness, this site has always been focused on finding/correcting the defects and helping each other in a mature and positive manner. Now that we know the problems and fixes, i expect we're gonna see even more creative applications of horsepower and technology. There's a LOT of people to thank for this knowledge base. Great job guys! CannondaleRiders.com Rules!:usa

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Sillyness what sillyness....:eek: :eek: I love it myself I think this forum has been much more alive lately and I feel that there is a better buzz around here lately. Still good info and we can have some fun at the same time.

IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS FORUM I WOULDN'T STILL HAVE MY DALE.

I think alot of the crew has that same sentiment. This has been and always will be a great family.:head: :usa