Is it worth getting a cannondale

Fullbore 350x

Is it worth getting a cannondale

#1 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I am getting ready to buy a different atv, and I am interested in a cannondale speed. Is it worth it to buy one or not. Because I keep reading about cranks messing up and damaging your engine and other things that you need to update. I was also wondering if every cannondale will end up having a problem with the crank.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yeap definately, get an ATK 450 Quad ( you'd want the cannibal model) 6995 i believe and with everything perfect so NO problems what so ever. Just treat her right and you'll be good.

go to the "ask atk" section and ask about your purchase.

www.atkusa.com

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

:welcome:
Go buy one while the prices are still low, you will not regret it one bit!
I would say buy an ATK, or check with some people on this site, you should be able to find a killer deal. The crank is sort of an issue, but do not let it influence you. Everybike out there has a week spot.
Suzuki: frame, lack of power, etc.
Honda: well, nobody knows because they won't release it
Yamaha: reports already of frames breaking

So you see, every high performance machine is not perfect, but after some TLC, you will love the dale, and the large family that adopts you.

THUNDERFOOT

#4 Post by THUNDERFOOT »

i was also gonna go with a yamiha. but i think im gonna ride out on a cannondale i like beating the new yamihas and hondas with fourwheelers they say that ant good enough. ive rode yamihas and liked them. but i actually think i like the cannondales feel and stuff just a tad better.

just me 2 cents.

Ryanstones

Are you worthy of owning a Cannon?

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

maybe that's the right question.

In order to enjoy cannondale ownership you must be able to:
Turn your own wrench
Think logically
Stand apart from the crowd

If that's you, then it will be worth it.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I agree with Ryanstones. We are a unique bunch of people always willing to dive right in and help with problems. The biggest flaw right now is that there is too much information available out there. It can blow your mind the many different ways to do things that people on this site have figured out.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
yeap definately, get an ATK 450 Quad ( you'd want the cannibal model) 6995 i believe and with everything perfect so NO problems what so ever. Just treat her right and you'll be good.

go to the "ask atk" section and ask about your purchase.

www.atkusa.com

From what I heard the YFZ swingarms won't hold up on MX style jumps, was also told Lonestar wants $1100 for one and it's heavier than the stock one

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by MX Quad Dad
From what I heard the  YFZ swingarms won't hold up on MX style jumps, was also told Lonestar wants $1100 for one and it's heavier than the stock one

Please explain more in detail. Not quite sure what you are getting at.

haydug

To much information

#9 Post by haydug »

Exactly. Don't let the word "update" scare you away. To a non-Cannondale owner all they know is "after you buy it you have to do all these updates, like battery, mount, etc."
Well, battery consists of 2 washers: 15 minutes
Motor mount: Well while you have the battery out adding your 2 washers, put the motor mount kit in and spend another 10 minutes.
The vent tube doesn't really take very long either, just be sure to understand what you are doing before hand. It cost a whopping $10-20 in materials.
So, you see the "updates" are another form of someone not wanting to admit that these are good quads, and that is is faster that what they are riding. :usa

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I consider the updates necessary as taking the parking brake off of a Z or a 400ex.