Derno, ever see one of these?

USAMoto00

Derno, ever see one of these?

#1 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Derno, I know you like street bikes and Suzuki's, so ever see one of these?

ex kid

#2 Post by ex kid »

i work at a Suzuki dealer. ive never seen or herd of that bike.

looks like a copycat of Yamaha's YSR 50. they were pretty cool.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I have seen similar to that. Is that something someone modified to look like a 1000 or did you get it that way. Most of the one around me look like Ducati's or Aprilla's. They even have a race league that runs in shopping parking lot's.

I have seen video's of it, but never went. Looks like it could be fun. Not as much fun as riding a 50cc dirtbike and kicking the dude next to you off his bike though....smile.gif

ex kid

#4 Post by ex kid »

nooooo they dont race thoose in the leauges. your thinking of poket bikes. some of the mechanics at my shop race them. there pretty cool.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Ooops you are right....I looked real quick. I have seen these particular ones, but they have been sold at my local shop in years.

I thought they were the pocket bikes. My bad...

As always Joe is there to correct me.:eek:

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Those little GSXR wannabes were built to compete with the ysr50 weren't they? I think I have maybe seen one for sale.

USAMoto00

#7 Post by USAMoto00 »

Not bad guys. That is a GSXR-50. They only built them in 1987 and they were to compete with the YSR's from Yamaha. The difference is that these were 4 strokes, not 2. I believe if you try and look them up in the Suzuki books they were coded as RGB50's. I think that was what it was. They are VERY rare to find! (I have 3 of them.)

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Those look like fun toys. After I saw this I went to my local Suzuki dealer and guess what he has one in the back. Said the same thing he is keeping it because it is a collectors item.smile.gif

cannondale27

GSXR 50

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

A buddy of mine had one.The dealer he got it from somehow was able to register it.Lot of fun around town!

USAMoto00

#10 Post by USAMoto00 »

You can make them street legal. I believe all you have to do is get bigger rims. Did you know that they were legal over seas and came with the turn signals and gages? Here in the states they were undecided about how to market them, but they did use the same wire harness and all the needed wires to hook up all the gadgets are tucked neatly under the gas tank. I have one that was brought back from Japan that has ALL that stuff on it from the factory.