Another rebuild project

Jaybr

Another rebuild project

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Not a Cannondale, but I'll share anyway.

My son decided he wants to race this year so I have to get him a quad together. He will be 15 this month, not old enough to race his 400ex but he can race the Schoolboy class that they started last year. Haydug and I where talking about building him a 300ex, but when I checked the rules, they have changed and now allow liquid cooled quads as long as they are production based. I've allready got a Mojave that is half way ready to race, and he rode it alot and is comfortable on it.

Right now it has +3 Burgard arms with Elka's, +4 Durablue axle, converted Cannondale fox rear shock, nerfs, skids, tags. and a Big Gun full exhaust.

So today I dropped the motor and will be taking it up to CWR in PA, he specializes in Mojaves and has some great stuff for them. I'll be getting a 300cc big bore kit, port & polished head, titanium valve springs, oversized valves, cams, hardened rockerarms, heavy clutch springs, and a KLR ignition box. Probably also getting a +2 chromoly swingarm from CWR.

This guys flat tracks his Mojave and says it was dyno'd at 51 hp at the wheels, the motor he's building for me is supposed to put out 40 hp or very close to it:)

I'll post some pics later, we've almost got it down to the frame, which I'll be taking to the powdercoaters.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

hey jaybr,

what did you have to do to get that fox shock to fit on the mojave? i have a couple tecate3 with bad shocks and i think the mojave is the same shock. i can't use a piggyback res. cause it'll hit my airbox. and what about spacers and bearings? any help is appreciated!

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Sounds like the airbox on the Tecate is similar to the Mojave. I ran an Ohlins when I was running it without the airbox, but the rezzie won't fit with the airbox on.

The shocks are the same length, I just got some spacers cut to fill the gap. I sent the shock to Jeff@Quadshop and he revalved and changed the springs. I think it's still a little stiff, so I may end up sending it back for another try.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

thanks. i had a mojave but it was a while ago. if i remember correctly, they both are shaped around the back shock. now i need a fox shock........

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

Let me check, I think I have a spare fox and a stock Mojave shock tucked away in the garage somewhere.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

I also have a fox rear shock, and a works rear cannondale shock

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

that'd be cool if you still had the mojave shock. bolt it on and start ripping! i'd have to bring it down for the spring ride and go old school on all your a$$e$! smile.gif

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

ok, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.sad.gif

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Picked up the motor last night, Haydug got me a KLR black box last week, picking up the frame and hubs at the powdercoater Monday, now just waiting on the swingarm.

I also got a new rear Elka from Jeff@Quadshop, so CDrookie if your interested in the fox I had on their PM me. It was revalved and resprung for the Mojave so it would probably work pretty good on your Tecate.

Jaybr

powdercoating

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Powdercoater left a message yesterday that my stuff was done and they'd be in the shop today. Picked it up this afternoon, came out great.

The color is Blue Mirage, the pics don't do it justice as it's full of multicolor metalflake.