What would you like to see changed on future models?

btolenti

#1 Post by btolenti »

I agree the y need to look at a better light position or mounting method to ensure proper lighting in fron of the quad. I would like to see a better method way of holding the seat on. I can't stand that screw in "thing" they put on our quads.....other than that I am totally happy...

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

The new quads have headlights mounted in the cover instead of on frame.
I want more torque so I can pull higher gearing,rubber mounted exhaust,quieter motor,valve adjustment without removing motor,shouldnt ever have to (prime) fuel injected motor not even once.

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
The new quads have headlights mounted in the cover instead of on frame.
I want more torque so I can pull higher gearing,rubber mounted exhaust,quieter motor,valve adjustment without removing motor,shouldnt ever have to (prime) fuel injected motor not even once.

I agree with the comment about the fuel injection ; I never have to prime my Chevy Silverado, my Camaro SS sits, sometimes for months and always starts right up. More power right off idle would be nice. And the headlight issue, of course! Maybe its just me, but i liked the ability to look around at night by turning the handlebars. Handlebar mounted lights work awesome, but I guess are damaged alot easier.

cjpoole1

#4 Post by cjpoole1 »

Originally posted by Cannibal440
I agree with the comment about the fuel injection ; I never have to prime my Chevy Silverado, my Camaro SS sits, sometimes for months and always starts right up. More power right off idle would be nice. And the headlight issue, of course! Maybe its just me, but i liked the ability to look around at night by turning the handlebars. Handlebar mounted lights work awesome, but I guess are damaged alot easier.

Your truck primes it self electronicly, when you turn the key on without starting it you will here a winning type sound coming from the tank, thats the fuel pump pirming the system

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

cjpoole,
Why cant our dales do same thing.The new sequential inj. cars also know just how much too.Even when it is 20 deg.below zero.In this day and age there shouldnt be a starting procedure with fuel injection.When I was working in a garage the owner told me never tell the customer they dont know how to start their car if you do they will go elsewhere(when fuel inj.first came out this was a real problem people would pump it like a carb)we would get the vehicle running then say something like "yea its running so good now you dont even have to pump it"guaranteed the customer would never pump it again and if it didnt start just turning key they would know something is wrong.
The Cannondale definitly require a starting procedure and some seem to mess it up.I dont like having to tell them the procedure.

Cannibal440

#6 Post by Cannibal440 »

Originally posted by cjpoole1
Your truck primes it self electronicly, when you turn the key on without starting it you will here a winning type sound coming from the tank, thats the fuel pump pirming the system

That is the fuel pump bringing the fuel pressure up to the setpoint determined by the fuel pressure regulator. It would be nice if our quads would do the dsame thing without the quick stab at the starter button , and then waiting 5 seconds to crank it over for real. An easily understandable gripe, I would think!

Cannibal440

#7 Post by Cannibal440 »

I forgot about sparkplug acess (I don't know how) but, definately!

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

The rims are garbage.

I dont have enough experience on different tires to pass judgement on the holeshots, but I can say that if I had the opportunity to choose between Razrs and holeshots I would choose razrs

Ive felt the same thing about the fuel injection issue. that prestart proceedure could be handled when you turn the key on. It probably will very quickly.

Maybe a MAP selector that would allow you to store 3 or more MAPS in memory.

Not that you would be changing them all the time, but it would be something that I used for comparison...

fred

#9 Post by fred »

I forgot about sparkplug acess (I don't know how) but, definately!

How about a hole in the gas tank above the spark plug?

btolenti

#10 Post by btolenti »

two words.......forced induction.....'nuff said.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif