took her apart

C_dale19mx

took her apart

#1 Post by C_dale19mx »

okay..i tore my cdale down to the bare frame today..WOW there is sooooooo much stuff i coudlnt even tell you what it is..lol i took good notes and a video so i can put it back together...but wow anyone planning on doing this better think ahead..very tuff to do...i almost stopped half way through it.. well just finished it up..getting some powdercaoting done!! tongue.gif

Ryanstones

Good Luck man

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

It's all just nuts and bolts right?

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Yeah, I got a guy bringing me a powder'd frame, and wants me to switch frames, and install a 450 kit and him take it back home the same day. :drink:

C_dale19mx

Re: Good Luck man

#4 Post by C_dale19mx »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
It's all just nuts and bolts right?

anything but that..the hardest part is all the wiring and diagramming and ****..taking the fuel injectors and throttle body off..all the major internal stuff that you can barely get into...i still havent found enough time to change my spark plug yet..lol (i know where its at..just WOW very complicated compared to my 690 raptor)

but ill have the powdercoating done in about a week!!! and cutom airbrushing will be done too!!!:cool:

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

These machines aren't THAT complex. Most of the connectors have labels on them (and there aren't that many to begin with). As for the throttle body, get a 2ft long screwdriver. works like a charm. The injectors were a pain to get out and going back in made me a little nervous as well. I didn't want to push tooo hard and break one. Don't forget to put just a little bit of lubricant on the injector o-rings when going back in. This will help tremendously. I guess being a professional auto mechanic for 10 years makes a difference.

C_dale19mx

#6 Post by C_dale19mx »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
I guess being a professional auto mechanic for 10 years makes a difference.

yeah..thats why i was able to tear it to the frame in a good like 7 hours with a lunch break..lol did it at the dads shop with him..been a mechanic for the last 25 years..it really helps to know what your doing and have air compressed tools! lol

atvrulz

#7 Post by atvrulz »

Yeah, i have to put my motor back in soon. I have taken the motor out two times. When you get it put all back together, and that moment when your about to push the start button, your hand is shaking. Not too many dales around here and if the phucker does not start.........

cdalepilot

#8 Post by cdalepilot »

i have always said ,if you are going to own a cdale , you better be one of two things ; mechanically inclined or have a lote of money so you can pay someone to do it for you. i sometimes wish i was the latter.lol

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by cdalepilot
i have always said ,if you are going to own a cdale , you better  be one of two things ; mechanically inclined or have a lote of money so you can pay someone to do it for you. i sometimes wish i was the latter.lol

You only forgot one - have some awesome, mechanically inclined friends! smile.gif

CDMX215

#10 Post by CDMX215 »

come on guys your starting to scare me i,m at the point to take motor out just afraid to unhook any thing i like the video idea i think i,ll have to program dougs # into my cell phone lol
all the wires &hose oh my!!!!