My first Cannondale has arrived!

TheJaspMan

My first Cannondale has arrived!

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

I would like to start out by saying 'thanks' to Jammer72. He spent lots of time helping me and trying to work out a deal. Thanks to a greedy wife (jk honey) it didn't exactly work out. But I managed to get a Cdale in the end. So I am still happy.

I would also like to thank Haydug for providing lots of good info too. I'm sure I will need more, MUCH more.

EuroGOD

#2 Post by EuroGOD »

:clap: Good stuff!!!

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

nice looking cdale, you are now ready for a exhaust and mapping. and some aftermarket handlebars. and go out and ride on the edge of extrem ! :head: :head: :usa

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

I was just telling Jammer that I can going to pass on the exhaust for a couple of months. I am not used to the power it already has. I need to get used to the quad before I go crazy with power. If I could adjust to a better mapping with out changing to exhaust I might play with it, but otherwise I am happy for now. But just give me a couple of months!!!

Ryanstones

Congrats Jaspman!

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

Love a patriot!

EuroGOD

#6 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
If I could adjust to a better mapping with out changing to exhaust I might play with it, but otherwise I am happy for now. But just give me a couple of months!!!

Wise man... Seeing as you have the Cannibal, get a Speed map loaded after a few weeks and the higher rev ceiling and extra ponies will keep you happy for quite some time.

If I were you, I'd be hunting for a set of used plastics so as not to destroy those "Patriot" decals....:usa :usa :usa

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
Wise man... Seeing as you have the Cannibal, get a Speed map loaded after a few weeks and the higher rev ceiling and extra ponies will keep you happy for quite some time.

If I were you, I'd be hunting for a set of used plastics so as not to destroy those "Patriot" decals....:usa :usa :usa

You know, that is the only complaint I have. You can't tell by the pictures, but the graphics are already bubbling up on the corners and lights. It's weird. I was going to try and take a razor blade to them and get them to lay flat. The way they are it would only take one dirty ride and they would be falling off.

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
You know, that is the only complaint I have. You can't tell by the pictures, but the graphics are already bubbling up on the corners and lights. It's weird. I was going to try and take a razor blade to them and get them to lay flat. The way they are it would only take one dirty ride and they would be falling off.

yeah, cannondale knew about that too i believe and acutally issued a bulliten about it. I know a lot of other people have had that same problem with the graphics

but still, looking very sharp and welcome to the family!:clap:

EuroGOD

#9 Post by EuroGOD »

To attempt to fix the bubbles, I would suggest a hair dryer...
Gently heating the decal and working the bubbles away.
If the bubbles are in the middle of the decal, a prick with a pin and then hairdrying it and rubbing it flat will work as well.
Good luck.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

The funniest thing was at the dealer when I was picking it up. They prepped it for free so I was cruising around the parking lot checking it out before I handed over my cash.

I pulled up behind my truck, came to a stop and was going to put it into neutral to let it run and look it over. I sat there for like 10 mins trying to get the SOB in. They were all standing inside laughing at me. I was getting pissed (and embarressed too). I looked like an idiot.

They finally came out and said none of them could ever get Cdales into nuetral with the engine running while sitting still. They said it must just take time to get used to or slip it in while rolling a little.