Memorial Day Weekend?

TheJaspMan

Memorial Day Weekend?

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Where does everyone go over Memorial Day Weekend? Our group (about 10 people) would go to Livingston KY each year to camp and ride for four days. Best riding I have ever seen. But now they have closed. We are looking for someplace new to go that has places to camp and fun riding.

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I'm assuming you've been to Hatfield McCoy?!!! If you've gone to Kentucky, it can't be too much different of a drive. That place is awesome!!! I'd have a hard time believing any place compares to there.

Unfortunately, I won't be there for Mem. Day weekend.

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

We've never been to HM. Isn't it mostly flat trail riding?

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Trails = yes

Flat = HECK NO!

:eek: :head:

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

How are the camping conditions? We are fairly laid back, but it's never fun to be sitting on top of the next group either.

Livingston was a mad house. It was an off roaders heaven. But at the same time a dangerous mad house. We could go ride for hours and never see another person. Then go back to our camp site and watch people for hours. No rules. It sucks that some people are idiots and got it closed down.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

I think it is www.trailsheaven.com

The have whole communities dedicated to serving the riders. I haven't been yet but heard about it quite a bit.

I should be there this summer sometime. smile.gif

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

We've always hit the hotels. We figured after a long, hard day of riding, a hot meal, hot shower, and a soft bed were in order.

I did see there are many different ways and places to camp there. Either rent a primitive cabin or bring your tent. Trailsheaven has the details. If you want to ride the quad from the camp site, I specifically remember there's a campsite along one of the trails- unfortuanately don't remember which. It was one of the trails that takes you to town- anyone?? You can ride your quad into town, on the streets, and pull right into a parking space and go in and have lunch! Pretty cool!

Memorial Day, huh? Anyone up for a road trip?

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by NRath
We've always hit the hotels.  We figured after a long, hard day of riding, a hot meal, hot shower, and a soft bed were in order.

I did see there are many different ways and places to camp there.  Either rent a primitive cabin or bring your tent.  Trailsheaven has the details.  If you want to ride the quad from the camp site, I specifically remember there's a campsite along one of the trails- unfortuanately don't remember which.  It was one of the trails that takes you to town- anyone??  You can ride your quad into town, on the streets, and pull right into a parking space and go in and have lunch!  Pretty cool!

Memorial Day, huh?  Anyone up for a road trip?

I found a place that has a cabin next to one of the trail heads. The main thing I want to avoid is having to load stuff up at night. Nothing worse than loading and uploading everytime you want to go to camp.

I'll let you know all the places we are looking.