First time on my Cdale & Break in...

TheJaspMan

First time on my Cdale & Break in...

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

And so it begins...

I had waited all week to take out my new quad and get some saddle time breaking it in. I went to bed early on Friday night, got up early Sat morning and headed down 20 miles to where I store our quads. Upon arriving I went to the toolbox to get my key. Hmph.. it wasn't there. I thought to myself "maybe I left it in the quad?". Sure enough it was in the ignition.... in the 'lights on' position. I seems my seven year old nephew and his freind thought it would be fun to sit on the quads and play around. Needless to say my battery was dead.

Now I am good sized man, but I now had to load a dead quad by myself into the back of a Ford Ranger. And of course it won't fit between the wheel wells. It was a task that about wore my old rear out before I even got to ride. And that was just on the hopes that I wasn't going to drive 45 miles and not be able to get it running.

I got to my buddies farm at 9:01, right on scheduale. I dropped it out of the truck put the cables on and let it charge for a few moments. Then fired it up. No problem! I was getting excited. After letting it sit and run for about 20 mins I started cruising around the open field. As luck would have it, I stalled it. And it wouldn't turn over. So I pushed it back about 200 yards and jumped it again. That was the end of the power issues. (thank God!)

The power was awsome! The suspension was great for just stock parts. The width... well I scared myself a few times. It likes to grab in the corners. But I can adjust to that.

Besides me there were two Warriors, a Wolverine and a slightly modded Raptor. The Warriors had to hit 6th gear before I even thought of leaving 3rd. The Wolverine, lets just say I have no clue where they put the 'sport' part of that quad. The Raptor was another issue. He hung just fine. But it sits at a nice 50" wide and with the mods it has a perky little pickup to it. I felt a little nervous at high speeds. It wagged a little in the rear.

I do have a couple of complaints though: My legs hurt like an MF from grabbing the seat with my thighs. It grabs a little to much in tight turns. And the side of left thumb kept hitting the 'Off/Run' switch when riding aggressivly uphill. Other than those issues I am in love!

I cleaned it all up today, changed my filters and removed the 'Off/Run' switch. I also removed the heels guards. Apparntly at some point I must have hit the left one and snapped the bolt from the foot peg. My AC nerfs will be here this week, so no fear. I still need to adjust the chain and put my kill switch on.

Here are a couple of pictures. Nothing fancy, so don't razz me too much.

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

where's the pics?

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

there's the pics!

TheJaspMan

#6 Post by TheJaspMan »

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cdrookie
there's the pics!

Sorry, even though I am a network engineer I still use dial up at home. Sometimes it takes a couple extra minutes.

jcmpunk

#8 Post by jcmpunk »

Congrads on the dale!smile.gif Was this your first quad?

EuroGOD

#9 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by ******
nice jasp, just move your kill switch to the other side of the start button. biggrin.gif  you'lll never hit it with your thumb again:D

That is one tip that we all forget to mention....oh well, next new buyer :confused:

Ryanstones

Welcome to the club!

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

That's a fun story Jasp. Oh the joys of 'dale ownership! LOL.

I had to switch to some flanged Grips right away, plus move the kill switch.
New holeshots DO grab. sad.gif

Enjoy it!