FX400 spring rebuild

Ryanstones

FX400 spring rebuild

#1 Post by Ryanstones »

Here's the results of a good winter's hunting for stray 'dale parts.
smile.gif

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

This is the 2nd makeover for my old girl, production date 6/01. She is now wearing FX400 plastics accented with silverweave carbon fibre spars and tank cover from R&S. I love the way these go together!

S/S bolts from DirtRacin hold the surprisingly well aligned body parts together.

Ryanstones

Thanks Wistech!

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

for the PC'ed A-arms with new BallJoints, and modified bushings/sleeves. I'm also sporting Big Winky's stem bearing mod kit, and a new silver Aren's 03 stem with new Tags from Nrath. New tie rods and Ends from RodEndSupply, nicely protected by QuadShop end Boots. smile.gif

Todays short ride was the first time this quad has ever had a completely tight front end. No SLOP!

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i'm running the same front end miscellaneous parts ( ends, boots and stem bearing kit, i have to say i love it:)

Ryanstones

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

right on.:head:

Thanks Maz, for the great deal on the $30 spar to cam oil hose! $10!

Jaybr's swingarm bolt is holding the rear end on and his Chain slide is wearing nicely!biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

Wistech PC axle, Winky swingarm bearing kit, and TQS rebuild on the ZPS rear Elka.

:clap:

Ryanstones

Last one

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm hoping for some of the silver CF deletes for my birthday. I'm waiting for some db #'s on the FT pipe too:eek:
She's runnin great, as usual. I'm going to ride her for a couple months and pull the engine for a valve check and possibly some winky work.

Thanks to all you guys who helped with this, and all that post pics of their killer Cannons for the inspiration.

:usa

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Ryan, you da man! You know how I love that FX plastic! I got a set sitting at home that is begging to go on mine sometime in the not-too-distant future. Woo woo! :head: :head: :head:

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Looking good Ryan, now bring it back up here to Hatfield and we'll get it muddy. :wow

Ryanstones

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

Thanks guys. gotta skip Hatfield this spring so i can spend june in Utah Doug. Just say NO to Mud. smile.gif Thanks for the seat BTW.

That plastic is so sweet, even thicker than my original red w/flaps, which still looks good.

here's a top down view.