Shortened HMF exhaust can

canibalistic

Shortened HMF exhaust can

#1 Post by canibalistic »

Anyone ever chopped their HMF can? What difference's would it make? Is it worth doing or no?

Bags

#2 Post by Bags »

Piece of cake! I shortened mine up. I posted some pics of it a while back. Do a search and it should come up. I cut mine just in front of the rear mount. Took like 5 inches off it. NOw it does not stick out like a sore thumb. It is a bit louder...but nothing that bad I don't think.

canibalistic

#3 Post by canibalistic »

So, it's more of an appearence thing, than a performance thing? Meaning, it gets it out of the way but there are no horse power gains?

Bags

#4 Post by Bags »

If you look at it...it is open all the way into the can. I don't think that making it shorter will make any difference. Might relieve a fraction of backpressure. Probably just more of a cosmetic thing. I got tired of people hitting mine all the time is my reason for doing it.

canibalistic

#5 Post by canibalistic »

thanks!smile.gif

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

From what I have heard making it shorter does make some difference in performance. Not a ton, but some. It also makes a difference in noise too. They get alot louder if that is possible.

jfarrar

#7 Post by jfarrar »

i shortened mine about 5 inches as well.makes a big difference in top end power.the stocklength hmf falls flat on its face in the high rpm's shortning it will allow it to pull hard all the way to the rev limit.you will need to richen your settings a touch or you might not notice any difference.you will have to sacrifice a little on the bottom but not all that noticable.whack it off.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jfarrar
.whack it off.

sad.gif :drink: :wow Keep that to yourself Farrar....

canibalistic

#9 Post by canibalistic »

ok I suppose i'll uuumm........ well I'll just keep that to myself.:rotf