putting the dale back together

bouncerdude

putting the dale back together

#1 Post by bouncerdude »

i started putting my cannibal back together the other night. i got all the fluids in it tonight and decided to fire it up. apparently i was missing an o ring on one of the injectors because as soon as i fired it up gas was pooring out of it. i fought with the injectors for a while, trying to find the correct o ring to put on it and i found the correct one. but unfortunatly i forgot to tighten the clamp on the exiting line for the injectors, so when i fired it up i got sprayed in the eyes with gasoline. after i calmed down and flushed my eyes out, it took care of that problem and had it running. i have to mess with the clutch and the idle a bit. how should the clutch be set? i think on the basket the center screw gets turned in all the way and losened three full turns and set. im not sure though. id appreciat any pointers anybody has for me on the clutch.

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

Sorry to hear about your fuel troubles

You are correct on the clutch, loosen the locknut on the center screw, turn it all the way in then back out 3 turns.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Is it hydraulic or cable?

Ryanstones

Gas in the eyes! oooh, that's gotta hurt

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Tough Night!:wow

bouncerdude

#5 Post by bouncerdude »

its a hydrolic derno. im actually having some problems with the clutch system. i got it all back together and the engine runs great, it idles great and sounds like it should. im running with ipone waterless coolant and i hope that works out good. anyway, i got it back together and i wanted to take it for a spin. i started it up and went to take off but it felt like the clutch wasnt disengaging. it moved but very slowly, like i was riding the clutch. i took it back in the garage and readjusted the clutch, and it didnt do any good. i called haydug and asked if he had any suggestions. i took the clutch pack apart to see if i had everything and i did. i took the actuator for the clutch, where the hydrolic cable goes into the motor. when i got the cover off i noticed that the the cylinder and the snap ring that holds it in, just fell out. the lip on the edje of the little cover was completley broken off and it was all just hanging free. i found the peices too. will that cause the clutch to act like it did? im confused and im out of ideas. i need some advice on this one. i also need to know where i can get that part. ill post a wanted add on the site. id welcome any ideas that you can give me. thanks.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Sure ya got the clutch bled good? It can be a pain.

bouncerdude

#7 Post by bouncerdude »

i beleive the clutch was blead ok. i took a saringe and forced the clutch fluid through untill no air came out the resevoir. i need that peice on the clutch lever assembly regardless, but i just want to know if that would cause the problem or not. i really dont want to have to drop my motor out again.sad.gif

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

several things will cause the clutch slave cylinder to break:

Squeezing the clutch with the slave out of the motor.

Squeezing the clutch with the clutch pack out.

Missing ball under pressure plate.

Are you sure that little ball is in there?

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I think you do need that clip. Is that on the piston going into the motor. If it is you may need to bleed and replace that clip. You have the right way to adjust the clutch so it may be something simple.

bouncerdude

#10 Post by bouncerdude »

the ball is there jaybr, but where can i get a new or another actuator? i would like to get one this week if possible. i have the clip derno, unfortunatly it was the actuator that broke. i wish it was the clip that would be an easy and inexpensive fix. im still confused on why it felt like i was riding the clutch when i tried to ride the machine. it felt exactly like i had the the lever depressed about half way.