Clear something up for me!!

jbomb

Clear something up for me!!

#1 Post by jbomb »

I just talked to my friend Randy Abbott of Stover Cycle sales. This is the biggest Cannondale supporter you will ever find and goes out of his way to help anyone with a Cannondale. Last week he replied to a post about someone needing a part, he responded by letting that person know he had the part available. Soon after his reply was removed from the topic and was told he needed to pay money to advertise. I thought this was a free board where people could come for help. Now today he tried to post and was unable to log on due to administration. I know there are only a few people left out there that really give a sh!t about these Cannondales and are willing to share their wisdom to try to help people. Just a thought before you try to run off good people like Randy Abbott. I know I won't be back without him. Besides the new Honda is looking good to me!

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

So what's going on?????:confused:

CDMX215

#3 Post by CDMX215 »

i think if you go to advertising rules you will find the answer as far as not getting on today dont know he is on here tonight i recently purchased airbox and am very satisfied just have to go by the sponsors rules i know i appriciate all advice posted on this site

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

The rules for advertising are here. I pm'd him several times about commercially advertiseing on this site. I do try and offer a free site, however for a business that would be a slightly different game. Randy may be a super nice guy, I'm not saying he is not. What I am saying is that I pm'd him several times about his advertisements and maybe becoming a sponsor with NO reply. That kinda leaves me to believe he disregards my opion.

How many cdale's did he sell because of this site??
How many of his airbox kits did he sell because of this site??
How much has this site helped him?
How much has he helped this site??
This site cost money each month. I pay the bill out of my pocket every month to keep the info of these bikes coming. If someone has a trick that we should know about, there is no way I would keep it off these boards. That said, this is a 2 way street, ever hear "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch your's"

Now, imagine you own a shop and you are selling a bike to someone, and just about the time you have it sold, I come in and take your sale away by offering a better/different deal. See where I'm coming from? I tend to be leniant with people on here, but to be disregarded on attempts to speak with him I will not tolerate.
As for his login, he should be fine with logging in, sounds like he has other issues there.
Thank you.

:drink:

Jammer72

#5 Post by Jammer72 »

This should explain it. Advertising Rules

USAMoto00

#6 Post by USAMoto00 »

I totally agree Haydug! I own/operate WheeLZ UP Performance and I get your drift. I didn't know about all that(your contacts w/him or attempts thereof). The way that I read it was that he was trying to help someone out and was punished for it.:deal: I appreciate the site and all the help that I get too. Thanks Doug!:usa

jbomb

#7 Post by jbomb »

I never saw Randy advertise anything. He posted his TT bike and everyone asked about his filter. Next time he can just tell them not to worry about it because there is already a filter set up in the works.(haydugs)

USAMoto00

#8 Post by USAMoto00 »

I seen him advertise about 12 quads for sale awhile back. I'm not saying anything bad about him, but look at it from a business perspective. I know where Haydug is coming from.:usa

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Jbomb, the reason you havent seen the advertisments is because they where removed.

How about this?

http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread...15&pagenumber=3

And the first PM was sent after this post in Jan which was moved

Originally posted by ABBOTTS RACING
We would like to thank every one for all the business we have receved from all our onfo and quad photos on this site. We have had an overwhelming amount of interest in our air filter system and for $80.00 it just isnt paying off for all the time that is spent on each one not including the air filter it`s self, we will be raising the price to $100.00 starting the first of feb. All the new cannondales that we had have almost all been sold (SOLD 4 TODAY 1-26-04) and on all the remaining inventory the prices will be going up starting first of feb. We have 1-03 factory updated BLAZE that has never had a battery in it for $7495.00. 1-03 SPEED never had a battery in it for $5495.00, and 3-03 silver CANNIBAL`s never had a battery in them for $4995.00. We are still offering the stage 8 update kit installed parts and labor for $350.00 only with a new quad, any others will be $395.00. Front motor mount kit $49.95 installed. We also offer many aftermarket items for cannondales. Our new TT quad will be seen at INDY DEALER SHOW any one going be sure to look us up. It will be displayed at STEVE MASLANIK`s booth i do not know the booth # yet. Thanks Randy Abbott  ABBOTTS RACING. Day time shop # 1-###-###-####. MY CELL # 1-###-###-####.

Then this, which was also moved and a PM sent.

Originally posted by ABBOTTS RACING
Quad Tech Hoods
[All you guys that wanted one i cut a deal first of the week with billy at quad tech and i will have them in stock in 2 to3 weeks, they will be available through our shop only and the price will be $199.95. I will be bringing some with me to INDY DEALER SHOW. If any one wants one give me a call. Thanks randy

I don't know Randy and have nothing against him, but he needs to follow the rules like everyone else.

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

jbomb , since you are getting a'' rice cake Honcho '' is that qt hood for sell ?:usa :head: